website statistics

Football European Super League

Federer91

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

The only reasonable explanation I can think of that they thought that politicians and other allies of UEFA won't get involved as they have a worldwide pandemic on their hands to deal with.

Politicians go where the people go. This is like politics 101 :d When the people have a voice, the politicians have no choice.

58 minutes ago, Vektor said:

They didn't underestimate the sport, they underestimated UEFA and FIFA, who just demonstrated how powerful they actually are. There can't be a successful coup when people in power have more powerful allies. The governments aren't protecting the sport, they are protecting their millionaire friends inside the UEFA. For example, Orbán obviously wants UEFA to have full control over European football when one of the wealthiest Hungarians, who is his friend, is a vice president of UEFA. 

Considering how they have been preparing taking it to the courtroom I have my strong doubts there.
Also considering that they apparently have had polls made that were much more positive towards the idea than reality, I strongly do believe that it was the fans and the players (and staff) killing this. It was a very naive move, no doubt, but to me, it seemed like the punches from UEFA/FIFA was in fact the one thing they were prepared for. 

1 hour ago, crovitlaci said:

Btw this should not go unpunished. Madrid, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United should be expelled from the CL/EL this season, and all the 12 clubs should be banned from playing UEFA competitions for the next season.

Ceferin is already welcoming City back, so that's unlikely. Personally I mainly hope that it'll start a cleansing of the clubs leaders including shifts in owners. I doubt fans will calm down in a near future and the anger should be sent towards the owners but also UEFA, FIFA and even national governing that has allowed the clubs to develop the way they have.

Many clubs call themselves out ...................:d

immagine.png

immagine.png

Spoiler

FC LUGANO: Dear founding members of #SuperLeague, we are carefully evaluating your proposal to join this new competition; despite some doubts about the project, we will give you a definitive answer in the coming days.

it was really "war on football" , and I really wasn't expecting "football" to win the war but wow only 2 days, :yikes: Perez was stupidly confident last night, I would love to see his face now :d

we heard a lot about the English clubs and how their fans reacted to this, they did great. but what about Italian and Spanish football fans ? mostly those 3+3 clubs ? how was the reactions from their hardcore fans ? positive ? negative ? very negative ? very very negative ? :d

Now on Spanish Mega TV a statement from the remaining rump superliga was read by the anchor of the program "El chiringuito" (the same program which had Pérez with his BS interview yesterday) that the remaining 6 does not give up, they believe their plan is fair it was just not explained enough (or sth to that extent)

They also add: given the circumstances we will explore means on how to redesign this project.
Desperation has to be really strong in Pérez HQ....