website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2021

Totallympics

I'm really sad with what happened to Pihan. Now that she would probably have a chance to go to the balance beam final, she had to sustain a career-ending injury during the all-around competition. What bad luck.

Now, about the all-around competition, I don't want to be salty but I can't stand Melnikova receving scores she doesn't deserve anymore. She's awarded medals she should never, ever, receive. Two falls and a silver medal thrown on her lap. Disgusting. 

On 22/04/2021 at 19:24, thiago_simoes said:

:ALB Petrov, :SLO Bertoncelj, :CRO Ude, :FRA Tomassone, :GBR Whitlock all missed a spot in the pommel horse final.

:HUN Vecsernyes, :NED Deurloo, :NED Zonderland, :CRO Srbic all missed a spot in the horizontal bar final.

Reigning world champion :GBR Joe Fraser missed the parallel bars final.

:UKR also had a poor performance overall.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Good performance for Ukraine - bronze in all-around

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Nice surprise. If only Kovtun had done this yesterday... A medal is nice, but the Olympics quota would have been great as well.

Kovtun may be part of Ukrainian team ?

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

With this score, I'm sure he's a contender. But of course I was referring to an extra quota, so someone else could be sent to the Olympics too.

Yes , this is sad , especially no extra-quotas for Bachynska. Too low scores and she'll miss OG

Huge surprise on the pommel horse. Gold for Davtyan! I like his style, but it was clear that he needed 10+ gymnasts to fall, among qualification and finals, so he could get gold, and... well, that's just what happened. Talk about winning the lottery here. But, of course, he is the one who managed to stay on the apparatus, so it's a huge achievement for him.