website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics UEG European Championships 2021

Totallympics

On the contrary, for the first time ever  :IRL National TV will show the finals 

Rhys McClenaghan is top qualifier for pommel

Adam Steele qualifies for all around final in 20th. First time an Irish man has done that 

earlier Emma Slevin qualified for the women’s all around

Oh and looks like Megan Ryan will go to Tokyo if North Korea pull out as expected. 

Exciting times for Irish gymnastics 

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

No.

Seriously without Totallympics I would never know there gymnastic competition going on. I believe apart our athlete her coach, some guys in the federation & me no one else know :d

and now about the topic, what you meant by long pants ? :d

some details (and photos)...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56858863

13 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Do you think Petrounias is expected to qualify for Tokyo? And if he does, do you think he would be the favourite to win gold?

It's hard to predict. Even if he scores 9.000 in execution he will still not reach 15.334. The thing is he scored 9.066 in qualifications here, so he can do that. But it will be extremely hard.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

according to our sport website OA, they can't...they're only choice is to keep their man leading the Parallel Bars ranking home from the last WC event in Doha and hope someone overtake him in said ranking...

otherwise they would necessarily have to take the World Cup series cards instead of the Continental quota (which would go to Bartolini, ITA)...

The thing is: part of the document states that if a country had two gymnasts already qualified, they can't use their continental quota. However, I didn't find anything stating that they can't refuse the quota. Let's suppose they refuse the Apparatus World Cup quota, so that means that they would have only one extra quota, from the All-Around World Cup series. Then, when applying the rule for the European Championship quota, in this situation, Russia could, in theory, take the quota because they only had one gymnasts officially qualified to the OG before.

It's extremely confusing, FIG does a terrible job of explaining how it works and what can and cannot be done, but it would be even more absurd to prevent nations from refusing quotas.

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's hard to predict. Even if he scores 9.000 in execution he will still not reach 15.334. The thing is he scored 9.066 in qualifications here, so he can do that. But it will be extremely hard.

The thing is: part of the document states that if a country had two gymnasts already qualified, they can't use their continental quota. However, I didn't find anything stating that they can't refuse the quota. Let's suppose they refuse the Apparatus World Cup quota, so that means that they would have only one extra quota, from the All-Around World Cup series. Then, when applying the rule for the European Championship quota, in this situation, Russia could, in theory, take the quota because they only had one gymnasts officially qualified to the OG before.

It's extremely confusing, FIG does a terrible job of explaining how it works and what can and cannot be done, but it would be even more absurd to prevent nations from refusing quotas.

I agree...

I only reported the interpretation given by that website (which usually follows gymnastics very well and in depth)...and accordig to them, World Cup Apparatus ranking has priority over Continental quota and it's not up to the single Countries to choose which of those quota they want to use...:dunno:

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

I agree...

I only reported the interpretation given by that website (which usually follows gymnastics very well and in depth)...and accordig to them, World Cup Apparatus ranking has priority over Continental quota and it's not up to the single Countries to choose which of those quota they want to use...:dunno:

Yes, the part in bold is correct, but no one knows if countries will be able to refuse quotas in one criteria and still be allowed to take quotas in a different criteria.

The level of confusion is so high that even USA Gymnastics issued an official statement about Jade Carey being mathematically qualified on the floor exercise, but according to what I understand from the rules, she's mathematically qualified on vault. This might seem irrelevant, but it makes a big difference. If USA Gymnastics is right, then it will be +1 for France instead of Italy. If I'm right, it will be +1 for Italy instead of France.

3 hours ago, phelps said:

our social media don't even know that a sport named gymnastics exists...:yikes: :rofl: :facepalm:

Same for most people here, but when there's a news article with a headline stating "German gymnasts fed up with 'sexist' outfits, start wearing long outfits", suddenly everyone who never watched any gymnastics at all appeared to say how ridiculous these athletes are (you know, for making their own choice) :facepalm: 

And those were the lighter comments. It went further. Much further :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, dodge said:

FWIW I think the German outfits look great. Even aside from their message and their choice, I just think they look cool

Absolutely, I actually think they look more elegant. Not sure how to describe it, but like it makes the movements in general look more 'fluent'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!