website statistics

Badminton Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Griff88

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Did we lose our men's singles quota for some reason? Gergely Krausz isn't listed on the site of the Hungarian Olympic Committee among the Olympic athletes (our female badminton athlete is there). 

Would guess that it's a matter of official confirmation. 

BWF states the following:
"Players presently shown in positions above 34 are subject to confirmation of the final number of Tripartite Commission positions and hosts positions, and also subject to final confirmation of the reallocation process for players in more than one event." 

Sarosi is no. 31 while Krausz is no. 38 meaning that his spot may be awaiting official confirmation.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Would guess that it's a matter of official confirmation. 

BWF states the following:
"Players presently shown in positions above 34 are subject to confirmation of the final number of Tripartite Commission positions and hosts positions, and also subject to final confirmation of the reallocation process for players in more than one event." 

Sarosi is no. 31 while Krausz is no. 38 meaning that his spot may be awaiting official confirmation.

Hm, okay, that makes sense. The only reason I got worried is that I think he might have been listed on the site earlier and got deleted. Or maybe I just remember him being on my own list here and I am just mixing things up in my head. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

@intoronto If I good remember you said somewhere that :POL Michał Rogalski (who is first underline) may qualify if someone else will withdrew, right? Will both :NZL and :NED keep their quotas? When it will be officialy known? Or maybe all chances are gone already?

6 minutes ago, rybak said:

@intoronto If I good remember you said somewhere that :POL Michał Rogalski (who is first underline) may qualify if someone else will withdrew, right? Will both :NZL and :NED keep their quotas? When it will be officialy known? Or maybe all chances are gone already?

Not sure. BWF hasn't released anything

Iran Badminton Federation confirmed that :IRI Sorayya Aghaei is going to Tokyo. it seems some NOCs rejected quotas. (I assume NED and FIN)

she will be the first ever female badminton player from Iran at the Olympics. I wasn't sure if she is healthy and ready to play. she herself was out of competition for something like 2 years. had to go through two surgeries but it seems she is recovered now.

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

Iran Badminton Federation confirmed that :IRI Sorayya Aghaei is going to Tokyo. it seems some NOCs rejected quotas. (I assume NED and FIN)

she will be the first ever female badminton player from Iran at the Olympics. I wasn't sure if she is healthy and ready to play. she herself was out of competition for something like 2 years. had to go through two surgeries but it seems she is recovered now.

For what it's worth, Dutch singles players have to be in the top-20 of 15 June's 'BWF Race to Tokyo' ranking in order to be selected.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For what it's worth, Dutch singles players have to be in the top-20 of 15 June's 'BWF Race to Tokyo' ranking in order to be selected.

well to me that's a stupid policy but at least this time I have absolutely no problem with that :d any female athlete qualifying for the Olympics is a good news for me. even if she loses 21-2 21-3 or something like that.

I noticed the Dutch girl is also named "Soraya" so that's from one Soraya to another Soraya. :p