website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Now I have seen everything, Marianna Sastin qualified for the final and she didn't have to wrestle for it, all of her opponents withdrew. And this happened in an Olympic weight class (women's 62kg). This is the leading news on the #1 Hungarian sport news site because of how bizarre it is. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Now I have seen everything, Marianna Sastin qualified for the final and she didn't have to wrestle for it, all of her opponents withdrew. And this happened in an Olympic weight class (women's 62kg). This is the leading news on the #1 Hungarian sport news site because of how bizarre it is. :lol:

Yusein was known for a week now, that she will not compete, as she is injured. I don't know how they kept her in the draw. 

Man our wrestlers are really making the headlines in our medias lately. This total madness came really like out of nowhere :d

Today they had even a Press Conference at the sports headquarters of the Ministry of Defense after returning from Warsaw. Yes, correct, all 3 are members of :SVK Army, which they became automatically being members of the military club Dukla Banská Bystrica !

I did not know that :yikes:

Obviously I knew they all 3 speak fluent Slovak (which they demonstrated yesterday in our TV news from 04:45  and today in that press conference as well) and all, but the information about being members of our army forces is a bit shocker for me.

@MHSN

Some informations from the coach:

As expected Salkazanov -74 and Makoev -86 will be our only athletes in Sofia, Both dreaming about the Olympics. Tajmuraz claiming this will be his most important competition of his career so far...

We are naturalizing another russian, a certain Batyrbek Tsakulov, Russian authorities already allowed his transfer to Slovakia, he wrestle in -92kg, apparently still a U23 wrestler.

If you are interested (I know, you are as a real wrestling guru :d) here the article in slovak https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/494530/zapasenie-slovenski-majstri-myslia-na-tokio-salkazanov-kvalifikacia-bude-pre-mna-najdolezitejsia-sutaz/

It's good to see that the COVID break wasn't detrimental for Tamás Lőrincz, he's in the final. He really is our best chance for the Olympic gold in wrestling this year, and this might be his last chance to finally win it. 

The good thing about wrestling is that the refs never stop to surprise you :d they didn't give Mate Nemes the passivity caution the entire match but then they gave him 2pts caution for being extremely passive in the last minute :lol: so he wasn't passive (according to the refs) but then they realized he is VERY passive to be penalized by 2pts negative wrestling caution :p

at first this sounds like more punishment but in fact passivity caution with a chance on top in parterre position was what the Polish wrestler was looking for. not a sure thing he could make up for that nice 4 pts throw of Nemes. Nemes most probably could still win the match though but that officiating was hilarious. :lol:

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

The good thing about wrestling is that the refs never stop to surprise you :d they didn't give Mate Nemes the passivity caution the entire match but then they gave him 2pts caution for being extremely passive in the last minute :lol: so he wasn't passive (according to the refs) but then they realized he is VERY passive to be penalized by 2pts negative wrestling caution :p

at first this sounds like more punishment but in fact passivity caution with a chance on top in parterre position was what the Polish wrestler was looking for. not a sure thing he could make up for that nice 4 pts throw of Nemes. Nemes most probably could still win the match though but that officiating was hilarious. :lol:

what do you think about Kerem Kamal's throw on Emelin in the -60kg final, when they first awarded 4 points to the Turkish guy and then they cancelled them after the Russian coach's challenge? :mumble: