website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

:CZE Nikol Ogrodníková - Javelin Throw Women

She thew 62,12 metres in Ostrava as she needed to confirm her A limit. :CZE currently has this inner rule to confirm the limit you accomplished either in 2019 or 2020. Nikol Ogrodníková and Tomáš Staněk (Shot put) has successfully done it. Zuzana Hejnová (400m hurdles) and Jakub Vadlejch (Javelin) haven't because they have not competed this year yet. Anyways, if they don't confirm the limit before summer COC would probably not let them to compete in Tokyo. ..... 

According to the manager of :NOR Therese Johaug, she will participate in a meeting in Oslo this weekend in order to try to accomplish A Standart for Tokyo 2020 in the 10.000 m run :hearts: ... Would be nice having multiple Olympic and world champion in cross country skiing in the athletics competition in Tokyo. She also said if she reaches the standard she would have to decide whether participate or not as she has also been preparing for the Olympic Games in Beijing. 

https://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/Actualites/Coupe-d-europe-des-lancers-teuraiterai-tupaia-premier-francais-a-plus-de-80-m-au-javelot-depuis-2010/1250220

:FRA (:PYF French Polynesia Tahiti)

Teuraiterai Tupaia

80,46 M  European Cup Split

I know that 80 m is not extraordinary, but for us in France it is an achievement !! Does he have any chances of qualifying via the Olympic rankings?

On 07/05/2021 at 02:39, Jan Linha said:

According to the manager of :NOR Therese Johaug, she will participate in a meeting in Oslo this weekend in order to try to accomplish A Standart for Tokyo 2020 in the 10.000 m run :hearts: ... Would be nice having multiple Olympic and world champion in cross country skiing in the athletics competition in Tokyo. She also said if she reaches the standard she would have to decide whether participate or not as she has also been preparing for the Olympic Games in Beijing. 

Would be rather surprising for her to get the standard, especially at her age. On the other hand you should never underestimate what is possible with doping and the new shoes.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Would be rather surprising for her to get the standard, especially at her age. On the other hand you should never underestimate what is possible with doping and the new shoes.

she already has a 31.40 PB (running all alone last year)...

with proper pacemakers, more experience on that specific event, the new shoes etc., I don't think it will be difficult for her to cut 15 seconds off her PB and get the qualification standard for Tokyo...

actually, I'd be surprised if she misses out on that...

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Well, she has been through a lot in her career. For me, I don't know whether to believe in her doping or not. But in my opinion, I think if she took something, unwillingly..... I think she will reach the standard.