website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Yeah. He is a chance to get one, but I doubt he'll get the citizenship in time.

The Swedish authorities did speed up the process once before. For Ludmila Engquist who won a gold medal in 1996.

15 minutes ago, Agger said:

Not that crazy of a standard, even two German guys ran 2:08 or faster recently and Germany is pretty bad in men’s marathon. Also you can’t compare marathon times at the Olympics to marathon times elsewhere and with the new shoes it has become pretty „easy“ to run 2:08. Last year 109 men ran 2:08 or faster, in 2019 151 men ran 2:08 or faster.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

If he i eritrean he ould run for Eritrea, it is wrong that Europe teal african from Africa.

He's been living in Sweden for some years, his wife and children are Swedish citizens.

23 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The Swedish authorities did speed up the process once before. For Ludmila Engquist who won a gold medal in 1996.

He did get a not this winter. It's an appeal now. It's not impossible, but I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Not that crazy of a standard, even two German guys ran 2:08 or faster recently and Germany is pretty bad in men’s marathon. Also you can’t compare marathon times at the Olympics to marathon times elsewhere and with the new shoes it has become pretty „easy“ to run 2:08. Last year 109 men ran 2:08 or faster, in 2019 151 men ran 2:08 or faster.

Well, the athletes themselves (also non-Swedes (including Mo Farah)) think it's ridicolous. And I'm well aware that Olympic marathons are unlike others but "easy"? It would be more than 2 minutes improvement of the Swedish Record. That's a pretty decent nation not even being close to qualifying.

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

He did get a not this winter. It's an appeal now. It's not impossible, but I doubt it.

Well, the athletes themselves (also non-Swedes (including Mo Farah)) think it's ridicolous. And I'm well aware that Olympic marathons are unlike others but "easy"? It would be more than 2 minutes improvement of the Swedish Record. That's a pretty decent nation not even being close to qualifying.

Just did a quick calculation. 87% of all the member countries of World Athletics have a national marathon record that's above 2 hours 8 minutes

36 minutes ago, Dragon said:

He's been living in Sweden for some years, his wife and children are Swedish citizens.

Probably Sweden forced him to go live there :mad: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:AUS Australian Championships, Sydney, April 18, 2021

Women's Long Jumo:

:AUS Brooke Stratton (6.84) 

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/australia/brooke-stratton-14271241

:CUB Prueba de confrontacion de velocidad, La Habana, April 16, 2021

Women's 400m:

:CUB Roxana Gómez (51.13)

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/cuba/roxana-gomez-14637147

Another noticeable result came in women's high jump at the Australian championships when Nicola McDermott set a new Oceanian record with a jump of 2.00m. She is the first non-South African female high jumper from the Southern hemisphere to have cleared the 2.00m mark.