website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

Wow, so Tsiamis didn't make it :cry:

He's 34th now, thanks to the last minute tricks by Armenia and Uzbekistan. Something really needs to be done about this BS.

However, I still have hope that he might be able to get in because he only needs two withdrawals and there are some people ahead of him who haven't competed at all this outdoor season. He was so unlucky to miss the Greek National Championships and Balkan Championships this year due to injury. All he needed was a decent showing at one of those and he'd get a ton of placing points and make it to the Olympics. I'm so heartbroken for him. He's 39 years old and his only previous Olympic appearance was in Beijing. I don't think he'll get another chance...

Also Vasiliou and Tzengko each only 4 out. I still don't understand why Tzengko didn't try to go to a last minute meet yesterday. Her fifth score in the rankings is so low, she really didn't even need to throw crazy far to get enough points but it is what it is at this point. I feel like Vasiliou might get in, especially if it's true that Ryzhykova will focus on 400H, then she'll only be three out.

Salwa Eid Nasser suspended two years will miss the Games

With no Nasser and Miller Uibo at the 400m in Tokio then Allyson Felix is looking very good for medal chances 

BREAKING NEWS: 400m world champion Salwa Eid Naser banned for two years, will miss Tokyo Olympics (sportsmax.tv)