website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Heard the ranking should be released tomorrow (Thursday, July 1st), but not sure if it is true

They've been released on a Wednesday every other week. Be strange to change that

Just now, dodge said:

They've been released on a Wednesday every other week. Be strange to change that

Alfons Juck, our athletics madman, the guy I linked the tweet earlier said it in a comment in our athletics fb. I believe, he has extreme knowledge about athletics and everything in the backstage of this sport

the last sentence :  Dúfajme, že sa to potvrdí vo štvrtok (Gabriela moved to the the qualifying positions after the NCh and Luzerne meeting. Let s hope it will be confirmed Thursday)

he posted it last night, so It looks he knew something we dont as usual :p The guy is a true encyclpodia of Athletics

obrázok.png

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Alfons Juck, our athletics madman, the guy I linked the tweet earlier said it in a comment in our athletics fb. I believe, he has extreme knowledge about athletics and everything in the backstage of this sport

the last sentence :  Dúfajme, že sa to potvrdí vo štvrtok (Gabriela moved to the the qualifying positions after the NCh and Luzerne meeting. Let s hope it will be confirmed Thursday)

he posted it last night, so It looks he knew something we dont as usual :p The guy is a true encyclpodia of Athletics

obrázok.png

I truly hope Gabi makes it!! The bigger :CZE:SVK team is, the better .... Btw .. How about Ledecká in hurdles event?

3 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I truly hope Gabi makes it!! The bigger :CZE:SVK team is, the better .... Btw .. How about Ledecká in hurdles event?

Yeah, that would be great, but you know, still nothing official, so lets wait and not start to celebrate too early, that never bring anything good :p

Ledecká is out for sure, just like Veszelka (sadly the surgery destroyed his Olympic dream this time, but lets hope for everything good for Paris) and Škvarková. According to his counts also Volko lost the 200m quota but should qualify at least in 100m, + we will have 3 more (and Gajanová if confirmed will make it at the very last minute, hopefully)

I have a day-off at work today, so I started to prepare top 8 lists in athletics, sth similar to what @OlympicsFan has done for swimming.

Results from outdoor season 2021, only athletes who qualified - and will probably perform in Tokyo - included.

I have put the first part (men's track events) in the Athletics at the Summer Olympics 2020 thread:

https://totallympics.com/topic/7393-athletics-at-the-summer-olympic-games-2020/?do=findComment&comment=389805

More to come soon.

Let me know if you notice something's wrong on these lists.

Some questions I have during making them:

Is this true what English wikipedia says that Filip & Jakob Ingebrigtsen :NOR will participate in 1500m only and skip 5000m?

Will Soufiane El Bakkali :MAR participate in 1500m (he is 4th on toplists in 1500m and 1st in 3000m steeple)?

And Issac Makwala :BOT - is he planning to run not only 400m but 200m as well?

52 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, that would be great, but you know, still nothing official, so lets wait and not start to celebrate too early, that never bring anything good :p

Ledecká is out for sure, just like Veszelka (sadly the surgery destroyed his Olympic dream this time, but lets hope for everything good for Paris) and Škvarková. According to his counts also Volko lost the 200m quota but should qualify at least in 100m, + we will have 3 more (and Gajanová if confirmed will make it at the very last minute, hopefully)

Damn it. We should really compete as one nation i miss that. Well, let's see.