website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

4 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I can't believe that :GRE Elina Tzengko isn't going to the meet in Switzerland today (women's javelin). She could probably book a place to Tokyo with a throw around 60m (she just did 61.42 on Saturday). I know she's only 18 and will have more chances in the future but she really could've made it. She had so many throws last year above 60m (including 63.96, 0.04 cm below the standard) which obviously didn't count in the rankings. Such a wasted opportunity.

Also the Greek team was announced for the U23 European Championships and she's not there either, but she'll be at the U20 European Championships.

I know this is off-topic but are U20 athletes not allowed at the U23 European Championships in athletics? I thought she could go and she has a higher SB than anyone else in Europe for both U23 and U20, so you would think she'd go to both events as she'd be favourite to win gold at both.

no, age limits have to be respected strictly in European Champs...

:ITA Larissa Iapichino will miss the Olympics because of an injury to her jumping foot...:cry:

sorry, but I only found this in Italian...

https://www.oasport.it/2021/06/atletica-larissa-iapichino-fuori-dalle-olimpiadi-infortunio-al-piede-di-stacco-addio-tokyo/?refresh_ce

13 minutes ago, Jur said:

MEN'S 800

:ALG YASSINE HETHAT - 1:44.25

:IRL MARK ENGLISH - 1:44.71

And 2 more :ESP standars (now 4 athletes with the standar, one has to be left out...)

https://www.conersyslive.com/Results/ResultsEvent?key=T2021CS016%3A4%3A4%3A5%3A2

Mark English just broke the Irish NR for men's 800m which has been held by Dave Matthews since 1995. What a night for him :)  :bowdown:

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

When will the final rankings be officially announced ....

the ranking will be closed in some 12 hours when it will be midnight somewhere around Anchorage :p

but I do not expect the final list before 5th July, like in all other sports