website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

24 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So each country according to the IOC must send at least one female athlete (I am sure they do not care if its just females), so what will they do for the nations with just a male athlete awarded in athletics? For ex. Tuvalu? I don't think they have any athlete capable in any other sport.

What makes you think the IOC thought this through?

(My guess is that they will do special IOC invitations like they did for Saudi Arabia in 2012)

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

What makes you think the IOC thought this through?

(My guess is that they will do special IOC invitations like they did for Saudi Arabia in 2012)

So much for their quota limit!! Every part of Agenda 2020 being refuted. What a failure.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

So much for their quota limit!! Every part of Agenda 2020 being refuted. What a failure.

The quota limit hurts mid-small size nations anyway. Based on the athlete attendance in the 80s and 90s we should have around 11,500-12,000 athletes with the increased amount of events.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The quota limit hurts mid-small size nations anyway. Based on the athlete attendance in the 80s and 90s we should have around 11,500-12,000 athletes with the increased amount of events.

Very true. Speaking on behalf of Greece (I would say we are a mid size nation), we are way better in athletics now than we were in 2012 or 2016, but we will have less athletes because of these quota limits and high entry standards.

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Slovakia says hello :d

Our delegations at the Olympics

Atlanta 1996  (71)

Sydney 2000  (114) - the sci-fi edition with 3 team sports

Athens 2004  (64)

Beijing 2008  (58)

London 2012  (47)

Rio 2016          (51)

Agenda 2020

Tokyo 2020     (33)

Question for experts.

How many RUS athlets can make realistically the team in M Hammer Throw, there 3 RUS & 1 ANA athlete in the world ranking qualifying places right now, but I assume only the ANA guy can theoretically compete in Tokyo, pending he will be chosen as one of the 10 ANA athletes ?

43 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Question for experts.

How many RUS athlets can make realistically the team in M Hammer Throw, there 3 RUS & 1 ANA athlete in the world ranking qualifying places right now, but I assume only the ANA guy can theoretically compete in Tokyo, pending he will be chosen as one of the 10 ANA athletes ?

There are 3 Russian's and an ANA listed as qualified in the Women's 3000m SC. Surely this cannot be accurate?