website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, dcro said:

It's possible they are waiting for spots #31 and #32 to be confirmed by the respective NOCs before they publish it. I doubt a reallocation deadline has passed, especially since athletics starts later.

In that case both girls are Japanese so I don't think the Japanese NOC would refuse those quotas. Greek girl is #35, so she might miss out by one spot in the end. Shame, but she only has herself to blame for choking under pressure after throwing over 60m five times last year as a 17 year old and only being able to do it once when it counted for the rankings...

16 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Georgia? Trump will be asking for a recount.

Funny.    There is already a lot of speculation as to the legitacy and whether European Athletics will ratify the mark. From what I've seen, there is questions as to whether the wind reading (+1.9) was accurate, or if done correctly.  Also, the blocks apparently were not equipped with false start sensors and videos seem to suggest a rolling start.   Finally, no one was at the start line to even judge the start.  

2 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

Funny.    There is already a lot of speculation as to the legitacy and whether European Athletics will ratify the mark. From what I've seen, there is questions as to whether the wind reading (+1.9) was accurate, or if done correctly.  Also, the blocks apparently were not equipped with false start sensors and vidoeos seem to suggest a rolling start.   Finally, no one was at the start line to even judge the start.  

On that basis the chances of it being ratified are slim to none.

A rolling start? :d 

Too bad, I kinda like Wilson, but yeah this is not remotely realistic at all :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!