website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Alfons Juck, our athletics madman, the guy I linked the tweet earlier said it in a comment in our athletics fb. I believe, he has extreme knowledge about athletics and everything in the backstage of this sport

the last sentence :  Dúfajme, že sa to potvrdí vo štvrtok (Gabriela moved to the the qualifying positions after the NCh and Luzerne meeting. Let s hope it will be confirmed Thursday)

he posted it last night, so It looks he knew something we dont as usual :p The guy is a true encyclpodia of Athletics

obrázok.png

You sure it's not the official confirmation? That's thursday according to the official qualification document.

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

You sure it's not the official confirmation? That's thursday according to the official qualification document.

I am not sure about anything at all :p but if it is really in the official document, then everything is clear and we will know tomorrow the qualified

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I am not sure about anything at all :p but if it is really in the official document, then everything is clear and we will know tomorrow the qualified

But the rankings could still be updated today. It's just about the official notification :p

A pretty highly respect Irish athletics journalist has published an article to say 10 Irish have been added. He’s usually spot on and would be well connected

BUT

He’s wrong. At least one name he’s mentioned won’t be going as she’s been overtaken (definitely). Hope she doesn’t see it and get her hopes up 

As far as I understand the selection process is happening today and tomorrow.
That means all NOC are asked which quotas they want to accept and which quotas are declined (e.g. due to injuries, multiple quotas in different disciplines, internal policies=harder national quotas,...).

Afterwards the open quotas are filled with the next athletes and the process repeats. So we will see steady updates in the World Ranking for the whole day.

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/armenia/levon-aghasyan-14480182

I don't remember this guy achieving the entry standard in May. I could be wrong but it seems like he was just added now to the qualifiers for an event that happened in May in Georgia with almost perfect wind and he jumped 17.16 (with 17.15 being the standard). He has never jumped close to 17m outside of Armenia. I don't want to jump to conclusions but this is very suspicious.

Until now Dimitrios Tsiamis was 32 in Road to Tokyo. Now he's 33 and the Italian guy who achieved the standard was already ahead of Tsiamis by ranking so it can't be him. I looked at the men's triple jump a lot and do not remember this Armenian guy having achieved the standard so it must be him that bumped Tsiamis down to 33. Is it even possible for results from last month to be added in at the last moment like that? It doesn't sit well with me.