website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, Illya said:

image.png

I am sorry , Czech relay was too close , but Mixed Relay is our last chance to achieve 150 quotas 

I wrote the Czech Federation. They are currently looking for alternatives where to improve our performance. Still have 1,5 day. Let's see. 

USA 1500 team is not set.  Cole Hocker doesn't have the standard.  He ran a 3:35.28 last night.  They said on the broadcast that he could still go, depending on the World Ranking list.  If he doesn't make it, I would guess the 4th place finisher, Craig Engels, would go.

1 minute ago, Triplecast said:

USA 1500 team is not set.  Cole Hocker doesn't have the standard.  He ran a 3:35.28 last night.  They said on the broadcast that he could still go, depending on the World Ranking list.  If he doesn't make it, I would guess the 4th place finisher, Craig Engels, would go.

But it looks really good for him. Even prior to the Trials his ranking would have been high enough, and now he gets several additional points.

To those who haven't noticed it yet. In the bottom of the ranking for each event in the Road to Tokyo tool, WA has now listed those athletes that have withdrawn from events where they were ranked or had achieved the entry standard. 

10 minutes ago, Wumo said:

To those who haven't noticed it yet. In the bottom of the ranking for each event in the Road to Tokyo tool, WA has now listed those athletes that have withdrawn from events where they were ranked or had achieved the entry standard. 

Well, I checked multiple events where we already know about the withdrawals but athletes are still ranked. Give me an example of an event. Did not see this in any event.

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Well, I checked multiple events where we already know about the withdrawals but athletes are still ranked. Give me an example of an event. Did not see this in any event.

Pole Vault men: Raphael Holzdeppe

100m hurdles women: Sally Pearsons, Alina Talay, Cindy Roleder, Pamela Dutkiewicz (all four of them international medalists, no less)

Long Jump men: Damian Warner (not injured, but only competes in Decathlon)

Heptathlon women: Laura Ikauniece

It's up to the national federations to announce to the WA, that these athletes definitely won't compete. If they don't, WA can't list them as withdrawn.