website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

They wont be dropped. I see some athletes with 2019 + 2020 nationals in their top 5 results

Wow I didn't know you could have two, that's crazy. Sad for our triple jumper Dimitrios Tsiamis who is currently 30th in the Road to Tokyo. He competed in qualifying but skipped the final due to injury today. He probably would've won in the final and gotten the 100 point bonus which could've secured his spot in Tokyo. He's 39 and his only previous Olympic participation was in Beijing. I want him to make it to Tokyo more than anything so he can retire on a good note. Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Wow I didn't know you could have two, that's crazy. 

I think only the better one counts.

"

1. To avoid overweighting, competitions in the OW and DF Categories, and for all Event Groups, will only be included once in any edition of the Rankings, regardless of the 12 or 18 months rule."

Source: 1. Basics of the Rankings (worldathletics.org)

European 10,000m Cup (includes GB Olympic 10,000m trials)

Birmingham, GBR

Women

1 Eilidh McColgan :GBR  Already had qualifying mark so, as top GBR runner in the race, Automatic selection for GBR for Tokyo

2 Selamaqit Tefferi :ISR 31:19,50 New qualifier

2 Jessica Judd :GBR 31:20,96 New qualifier Automatic selection for GBR for Tokyo

Men

7 Marc Scott :GBR Already had qualifying mark so, as top GBR runner in the race, gets Automatic selection for GBR for Tokyo