website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

35 minutes ago, rybak said:

So many strange and suspicious results from unknown athletes. Good that all of them wont be able to repeat them in couple big international events in coming months and years...

I have the feeling the Namibian 400m runners could be the real thing.

After all Masinlingi was the fastest runner in the world in 2020.

Now she's a year stronger.

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

I have the feeling the Namibian 400m runners could be the real thing.

After all Masinlingi was the fastest runner in the world in 2020.

Now she's a year stronger.

Right, I had completely missed that, but that's absolutely correct. Also a 7th place in the Africa Games in 2019 when she was only 16 (and for all the organizational flaws the Africa Games may have, I don't think they'd start in the wrong lane or something there), and a strong 100 and 200 runner too.

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/namibia/beatrice-masilingi-14873311

Hopefully we'll get to see some of these athletes in 'big' international meets soon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

That is Namibia ...

Very suspicious though, to say the least, remember that 9.88 from Sydney Siame a couple of years ago at the same place. Furthermore, I think those two athletes will suffer the same fate as Seyni :mumble:

Oh ... anyways, Botswana became really good all of a sudden a couple of years ago. Then Monthso was caught and it seemed to slow them down again, but now they seem to be back to their old ways (especially on the men’s side). I can’t really blame those athletes though. In some sense it would be stupid not to dope. They have zero perspective in life outside of sports and at best their nations do nothing to actually catch dopers (maybe they even actively try to „encourage“ it).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Has anyone here googled an image of Masilingi? :roflmao:
If they allow her to compete in the 400 m, they might as well allow Seyni and Semenya to compete there (and also Eid Naser). 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Although even if the real time is a second or even two seconds slower, they'd still be good times for teenagers

For female teenagers yes, for boys not so much.

Hope she's not +ve for dope or has more testosterone than permitted. If not she should try for 100,200,400,800 and 1500m. If she improved by 1s in 3 months she could run 48. Odd at the Olympics. 

Btw here in India also some unknown athlete qualifies before Olympics then do very bad later on  at the games.