OlympicIRL

12 hours ago, hckošice said:

W 20km

Valeria Ortuno :MEX 1:29:11 PB

Ilse Guerrero Rodarte :MEX 1:29:33 PB

Alegna Gonzalez :MEX 1:30:08 PB

Mayra Herrera Perez :GUA 1:30:27 PB

Tereza Ďudiaková :CZE 1:30:52 PB

Tereza Ďurdiaková makes it as only 4th Track & Field athlete from Czech to match the qualifying standarts. I truly believe more will come before June ends. 

Marathon, Dresden

:GER Simon Boch 2:10,47

He's the fourth German runner to get the standard in marathon. In case there are more than three Germany will nominate the three fastet, and Boch is currently third on this list. But Richard Ringer has Another chance in April at the Hamburg marathon.

:USA Tropical Park Elite Sprints Meet, Miami, FL, March 20, 2021

Men's 100m:

:ANT Cejhae Greene (10.01)

https://www.worldathletics.org/athletes/antigua-barbuda/cejhae-greene-14469945

I also think this is :ANT Antigua and Barbuda's first qualifed athlete for Tokyo. :cheer:

I posted this in another threat the other day, and I said I smelled something fishy. Well, now it deserves to go here, cause there is something really fishy behind:

A new record in marathon for :HON was set last week in Germany by Iván Zarco with 2:17:46.

Nothing groundbreaking or weird to this, except for the fact that it wasnt Iván Zarco running. Photos of the event show that it was spanish athlete Camilo Santiago running with his bib. Idk what happened there, but WA is giving it as a national record for Ivan when it wasnt even him racing. I smell something fishy.

Apparently, the real Ivan Zarco is injured and couldn't run the marathon, so :ESP Camilo Santiago put on the bib and the outfit of the honduran athlete (Camilo even used long sleeves and high socks, what he never does while compiting, to cover his recognisable tattoos) and run the marathon not in his full potential (has a 2:09 PB), but in a good enough time so he beat the Honduras national record and Ivan Zarco would be frontruuner to be selected by the Honduran federation to be the universiality representative of the country at the Games.

The fraud was on for a few days, the :HON federation posted about the record and the WA published Ivan Zarco's time and everything.

But, someone, watching pictures of the Dresde marathon, recognised Camilo Santiago with another bib, and it got to the spanish press.

Camilo Santiago defended himself in Social Media, he said that he was doing a test for an upcoming marathon for him, and that someone stole his clothes and his bib, and Ivan Zarco, who allegedly was in Dresde but wouldn't run the marathon due to a fasciitis, was kind enough to let him borrow his clothes. And that they asked for permission to the Marathon Organization and they accepted it, but they forget to change the name of the bib in th final race result.

However the Dresde organization has spoken today and denies Camilo Santiago's facts. They didn't have knowleage about Camilo running with another bib, cause they wouldn't have admitted. They DQ Ivan(Camilo from the race and have proceeded to notify the relevant authorities.

This is a big scandal that could had end with a cheater in the Olympics. (Of two, since Camilo tecnically had chances to be selected for the Spanish marathon squad). I guess World Athletics should take hands in the matter and do a propper investigation, and sanction the wrongdoers.