website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

11 hours ago, Dragon said:

Interesting. I've talked to some of Schwazer's competitors over the last few years.

A lot of them think that there was something strange about his latest doping ban - but almost all think he was cheating a long time before he won his Olympic gold.

he was indeed...and in fact he was caught before London 2012 (probably he was already cheating in 2010 and 2011, but not before...and the 7000* re-test of his samples of Beijing 2008 are there to show that at that time he was clean and still dominating the 50km race), he admitted his fault** (even in the trial court, not only in the sports process) and he accepted his 4-year suspension...

and it's just because in the first process (after he was caught in 2012) he did reveal all the mafia behind the race walking (the Russian "owner" of that world, Viktor Chegin, his followers -the Damilano family and their Chinese armada, dr. Fischetto as the man in charge for IAAF to perform the doping tests and his full coverage granted to all those Chegin said he wanted to be covered -not only Russians and Chinese), that he was targeted once he came back stronger than ever after his ban (in the last process mails sent to Schwazer asking him to keep a low profile and not even try to win a medal in any race by more than one IAAF and Italian NF officials have been put among the acts)...

*just to say a high number, not that they really performed 7000 new tests...of course (before some smart user comes here to say: "hey, how do you know how many tests have been done?" :whistle:)...

**and he explained that he started his doping program because he wanted to double-up the 20km with the 50km...

he actually felt that he didn't need any help from the outside to win the 50km, but at the same time he didn't have any chance to shine in the 20km because he hasn't a natural speed peak nor a change of pace that are absolutely becessary to win international medals in that discipline...

he just became too ambitious, greedy and he paid a big prize for that...but it doesn't mean that he deserved what happened 5 years ago...

13 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really curious case. Not surprising that his competitors had that opinion. Also funny to see that people think that an Italian judge declaring him innocent is some kind of proof for his innocence.

hey, the judge's decision came after a 4 and a half-year trial, with many research and studies being conducted to find proofs about his innocence or not...

it's not that the judge woke up 2 mornings ago and said: "oh, what? today I'm gonna say this man is innocent and that other one is guilty"...:finger:

it's not the judge's fault if the German lab and a German judge tried every trick and said false things about the samples (and that's been established well beyond any reasonable doubt, with the samples' carriers testifying the illegal stop at the Border, the fact that they had to leave the samples without any surveillance for a few hours -in order for the people who had to manipulate the samples to play their part- and all the remaining illegal procedures)...

and it's not the judge's fault also if WA and WADA tried to break all the Italian law procedures to get a couple of biased doctors testifying false and ludicrous interpretations of the internationally recognized data about the natural human values of urine chemical and biological structure...

and in the liberal democracy, a trial court is the only institution authorized to declare people innocent or guilty...:evil:

Someone who knowingly doped before shouldn’t be allowed to compete again and it is beyond me how anyone who loves sport can be happy about the prospect of him competing again.

here you're right...

but still, the law is quite clear...once you've served your sentence (and Schwazer did it), you can get back to your life and do whatever you want (possibly without breaking any law anymore)...

there's no way people can accept what happened 5 years ago, building a plot like that to exclude someone from sports competition without a reason is a lot worse than finding an athlete cheating...

I used to be a Schwazer fan, then I became his toughest opponent when he was caught...

but now, I'm supporting him in any way to make justice...and the only justice in this case is to destroy WA and WADA for what they did to him (and most likely to other athletes who haven't been brave and determined enough to go on with their fight)...

I've never been a WADA fan, but with their behaviour in the last few years (this case, but also the full coverage they granted to GBR and USA, to the Spaniards of the Operacion Puerto and the punishment which is a no punishment to Russia...just to name the biggest scandals, but there are others of course) made it clear to me that they are the worst enemy of the sports, more than labs and athletes cheating all day long, even more than the AIBA and IWF of this world...

that's why this time I'm ready to put my principles aside...

therefore, Schwazer coming back and winning in style the last 50km race walk in the history of the sport (once again, thanks WA and IOC for this stupid decision) is the perfect punishment for WA and WADA...seeing all of their machinations being cancelled like that, priceless...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's not the judge's fault if the German lab...

And this is what should be highlighted a hundred times rather than discard the whole thing as a "he is a cheater, who cares"...that at the official lab where a lot of antidoping tests are still performed, instead of doing their job and analyzing the samples with integrity, they do what officials from WADA, IAAF, (and even old or retired officials from the athlete' s federation who had a decades long beef with the athlete's coach) tell them to do, and at WADA they refuse to look into the issue and consider it as a conspiracy theory even after a long and detailed criminal court trial - they are acting like the Russian government did for years.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

Don't you think there is something very, very wrong right there ? ...

yes, it's morally wrong...

but technically there's an explaination to that...the benefit of building strenght/endurance/stability or any other feature could be built/improved with doping goes well beyond a 2/4 maybe even 8-year ban...

and when you come back you're normally stronger than before (provided you go on training during the ban period, as many athletes do) because your body can keep up with harder training sessions...you don't even need to continue your doping program as earlier...

I mean, it happened to hundreds of athletes...it's not Schwazer being an exception to the regular trend...

that's why I'm in favour of the life ban for all cheaters, but until it's not the rule for every sport and every athlete, we must accept what's the ruling at the moment (of course we can disagree with that, but we must accept it)...

3 hours ago, phelps said:

hey, the judge's decision came after a 4 and a half-year trial, with many research and studies being conducted to find proofs about his innocence or not...

it's not that the judge woke up 2 mornings ago and said: "oh, what? today I'm gonna say this man is innocent and that other one is guilty"...:finger:

it's not the judge's fault if the German lab and a German judge tried every trick and said false things about the samples (and that's been established well beyond any reasonable doubt, with the samples' carriers testifying the illegal stop at the Border, the fact that they had to leave the samples without any surveillance for a few hours -in order for the people who had to manipulate the samples to play their part- and all the remaining illegal procedures)...

and it's not the judge's fault also if WA and WADA tried to break all the Italian law procedures to get a couple of biased doctors testifying false and ludicrous interpretations of the internationally recognized data about the natural human values of urine chemical and biological structure...

and in the liberal democracy, a trial court is the only institution authorized to declare people innocent or guilty...:evil:

here you're right...

but still, the law is quite clear...once you've served your sentence (and Schwazer did it), you can get back to your life and do whatever you want (possibly without breaking any law anymore)...

there's no way people can accept what happened 5 years ago, building a plot like that to exclude someone from sports competition without a reason is a lot worse than finding an athlete cheating...

I used to be a Schwazer fan, then I became his toughest opponent when he was caught...

but now, I'm supporting him in any way to make justice...and the only justice in this case is to destroy WA and WADA for what they did to him (and most likely to other athletes who haven't been brave and determined enough to go on with their fight)...

I've never been a WADA fan, but with their behaviour in the last few years (this case, but also the full coverage they granted to GBR and USA, to the Spaniards of the Operacion Puerto and the punishment which is a no punishment to Russia...just to name the biggest scandals, but there are others of course) made it clear to me that they are the worst enemy of the sports, more than labs and athletes cheating all day long, even more than the AIBA and IWF of this world...

that's why this time I'm ready to put my principles aside...

therefore, Schwazer coming back and winning in style the last 50km race walk in the history of the sport (once again, thanks WA and IOC for this stupid decision) is the perfect punishment for WA and WADA...seeing all of their machinations being cancelled like that, priceless...

Agreed, a proven doper stealing a medal from clean athletes would be wonderful to see ...

You certainly have a very unconventional understanding of the law and „justice“.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.