website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

9 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I have searched and not found anything. There is a Road to Tokyo feature in WA site which shows people who have met entry standards. I am not sure anyone has the rankings site.

Do you mean this?

https://www.worldathletics.org/stats-zone/road-to/7132391

9 hours ago, Illya said:

We have a 2 new qualifiers in 50K : 

Ihor Hlavan ?? and Serhiy Budza ?? .

Now Ukraine have a full squad in Women's and Men's Marathon , Women's 20K Walk and 50K Men's Walk. Congratulations

What happened to Hlavan? Last thing I heard he was facing a doping ban?

11 hours ago, Dragon said:

What happened to Hlavan? Last thing I heard he was facing a doping ban?

This is Ukraine , baby. So fu*king system . Hlavan says : "It is more profitable for them to bring more people to the meeting and launder more money than to conditionally take Bondarenko or Glavan and provide them with everything they need. Moreover, Glavan is unprofitable after he begins to express his dissatisfaction. I must say that Hotsul (the head of the Athletics Federation of Ukraine) is also well aware of money laundering schemes. I had a meeting while he was Deputy Minister of Sports. Then Igor Yevgenyevich asked me: "Are you ready to tell this to law enforcement agencies?". He replied that he was ready.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I do not know how to calculate the athletics quotas for the 2020 Olympics!

My suggestion: count them. If a country has more than 3 athletes in event, count them as 3. If 1 athlete achieves standard in more than 1 event, you count him/ her as 1 quota (unless the standard is achieved in event that already has more than 3 athletes with standard)

• 3 weeks later...