website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, Johne said:

I think the term “nominated athletes” on that Wikipedia page is a bit misleading. Very few countries have nominated any athletes for Tokyo yet. My site here shows those that have been nominated (highlighted yellow) https://bluecattechnical.shinyapps.io/RoadtoTokyo Along with the number of qualified athletes by event and nation at the bottom of the “Required Score...” tab

You're correct it is misleading. They are the athletes who have qualifying marks unless there are more than three. However, in fairness to the editors of the wiki page they are preparing for the point when countries do start nominating athletes in each of the events. It is useful though, in that it does give an indication of the likely number of quotas a country may win on an ongoing basis and is relevant to the question which Benolympique raised. 

Il y a 2 heures, Johne a dit :

I think the term “nominated athletes” on that Wikipedia page is a bit misleading. Very few countries have nominated any athletes for Tokyo yet. My site here shows those that have been nominated (highlighted yellow) https://bluecattechnical.shinyapps.io/RoadtoTokyo Along with the number of qualified athletes by event and nation at the bottom of the “Required Score...” tab

Athlétisme france

Femme

Susan KIPSANG JEPTOOO, Marathon, Athlé St Julien (74)

Hommes

Morhad AMDOUNI, Marathon, Val d'Europe Athlétisme (77)
Hassan CHAHDI, Marathon, Adidas Runners Paris (75)
Nicolas NAVARRO, Marathon, Provence Clubs (13)
Benjamin CHOQUERT, Marathon (athlète réserve), Nancy Athlétisme Métropole (57)
Yohann DINIZ, 50 km marche, EFS Reims (51)
Kevin CAMPION, 20 km marche, Stade Dieppois (76)

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

I started to add the quotas in athletics, on the other hand I wonder if it would not be better that I add finally that the official quotas named by each country?

Given the extension to the qualifying period the athletic authorities in each country that have already nominated athletes are going to have to reconsider those decisions. There is no certainty that they will necessarily still go to Tokyo. I know in the UK each of the sports that had already selected athletes for 2021 have gone through the process of deciding whether their nominations still stand. In most of those sports qualifying had almost closed whereas there is clearly a long way to go in terms of qualification for athletics. With this in mind I think using quotas rather than "nominated" athletes makes more sense at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

A short announcement:

I have deleted all Russian and ANA-athletes from the quota lists, as the situation is still unclear if any, some or which Russian athletes will be allowed to take part in Tokyo next year due to the WADA-case. 

• 3 weeks later...