website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Why does it feel like Minsk always steps in for every postponed event ever? :d 

Postponed events are cheaper, and it makes Lukashenko look like a savior. It’s actually a rather good strategy for building your profile in the international events realm. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Guys, I'm just here to say that the 2021 Superleague Team European championship is not an event that has been postponed. It is held every other year. Last time was in 2019 in Bydgoszcz. It's just that they first have announced the host of the event by now. 

I guess this also reflects how important this event really is. :p Even though I quite like it. :) 

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

do you know the list of qualified "official" including marathon and / or walk for each country? because I would like to enjoy them in the team sizes section! thank you

I'm not sure how reliable this is but I think it is pretty accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

I you click on the individual sections it lists the numbers qualified for each individual event for each country to date. It lists the athletes with qualifying performances unless a country has more than three athletes with such performances in which case it is marked [a].

il y a 15 minutes, Nickyc707 a dit :

I'm not sure how reliable this is but I think it is pretty accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

I you click on the individual sections it lists the numbers qualified for each individual event for each country to date. It lists the athletes with qualifying performances unless a country has more than three athletes with such performances in which case it is marked [a].

I thought this weekend to add quotas for marathon and walk, but I want your opinion!

14 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I thought this weekend to add quotas for marathon and walk, but I want your opinion!

It's not an unreasonable thing to do. Subject to injury I imagine most countries are going to send their athletes to Tokyo if they have achieved the qualifying marks. Of course, you may have to add more marathon runners and race walkers when qualifying resumes at the end of the year.

Qualification for the marathon and 50k walk resumes on 1/12/20 and ends on 31/5/21. For the 20k walk it starts on the same date and ends on 29/6/21.

I think the term “nominated athletes” on that Wikipedia page is a bit misleading. Very few countries have nominated any athletes for Tokyo yet. My site here shows those that have been nominated (highlighted yellow) https://bluecattechnical.shinyapps.io/RoadtoTokyo Along with the number of qualified athletes by event and nation at the bottom of the “Required Score...” tab

il y a une heure, Johne a dit :

I think the term “nominated athletes” on that Wikipedia page is a bit misleading. Very few countries have nominated any athletes for Tokyo yet. My site here shows those that have been nominated (highlighted yellow) https://bluecattechnical.shinyapps.io/RoadtoTokyo Along with the number of qualified athletes by event and nation at the bottom of the “Required Score...” tab

great job

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I started to add the quotas in athletics, on the other hand I wonder if it would not be better that I add finally that the official quotas named by each country?

you can make something like number of confirmed+number in athletics, for example 90+7