website statistics

Women's Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

I just watched the replay of our game vs China and the level of play really looks embarrassing. It's great that we've scored 21 goals in 3 matches, but it feels like I've seen 0 seconds of succesful defensive play. I'm not hopeful about our match vs USA at all. 

42 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I just watched the replay of our game vs China and the level of play really looks embarrassing. It's great that we've scored 21 goals in 3 matches, but it feels like I've seen 0 seconds of succesful defensive play. I'm not hopeful about our match vs USA at all. 

You should have seen the United States against Sweden.  Very uninspiring performance.  Can't read much into today because Australia was playing for the draw.  Not sure I like our changes.  If defense is your problem, you're facing a team that scored 0 goals in 2 of their 3 matches thus far

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

You should have seen the United States against Sweden.  Very uninspiring performance.  Can't read much into today because Australia was playing for the draw.  Not sure I like our changes.  If defense is your problem, you're facing a team that scored 0 goals in 2 of their 3 matches thus far

I fear that when it comes to the knockout games the experience in your squad will shine through.

Good luck next friday! Going to be a big game for both of us.

45 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Tense match between the USA and Netherlands.  Save on a penalty kick has the game tied in the 84th minute

USA wins 4-2 on penalties!  Onto the semis to face Canada.  That has a very familiar ring to it