website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Swewi said:

Sarah Sjöström, defending champion on 100m fly and WR holder on 50 free and 100 free broke her elbow in february and has recovered good but only made a few races, far from medal level but with the freestyle looking better than the butterfly. She has not decided to give 100 fly a chance with lowered expectations. But considering the improved competition at the distance, I would guess the recovery has been very well last period if she still tries it. 

Has she officially decided yet? I know she was keeping herself on the startlist until the last minute.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, james89 said:

Has she officially decided yet? I know she was keeping herself on the startlist until the last minute.

She announced it at a press conference earlier today. Said she had raced that distance all time since first world gold in 2009 so she couldnt resist to try.

I really hope she Will only race the semis if the heats indicate medal potential. Last olympics I felt she Wasted her chances for freestyle golfs by running to many races.