website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Jacoby’s goggles popped off, and that basically cost the :USA any chance at a medal. 

I personally think going with Jacoby in the Breast and Dressel in the Free was the correct choice.

I don't think Jacoby's goggles issue cost her team a chance at a medal, that's highly wishful thinking :p

They were more than one and a half second behind the medals and she posted a time which was just excellent, there was no way she would have been able to go a second faster otherwise (let alone 1,63 seconds), no way at all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I dare say no country has a stronger medal table obsession than a country where the biggest media actually changes the way the table is presented (not the usual and official gold first, then silver, then bronze, but total medals first) just to make them look like they're in 1st place when they're actually not.

Well I'd say you are wrong 

USA has always done  a lot better on Gold medals measures than Total medals measures . Go and check out historic medal tables 

Usually about 40% of their medals are gold  ( China is similar )

If you are suggesting that USA only uses the  Total medals measure when that measure favours them then you are also wrong in that . They have always used that system 

I'm second guessing here but I think USA prefers Total medals as it may ( and probably does ) measure better the overall strength of sport in a country ( eg 6 medals but none gold indicates a country is better at sport than a country with one sole gold medal )

( Canada does the same but ,heh, Canada always follows Big Brother )

Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay
Final Results

:GBR  Great Britain   

Kathleen Dawson

Adam Peaty

James Guy

Anna Hopkin

3:37.58 WR

:CHN  China         

Xu Jiayu

Yan Zibei

Zhang Yufei

Yang Junxuan

3:38.86

:AUS  Australia      

Kaylee McKeown

Izaac Stubblety-Cook

Matthew Temple

Emma McKeon

3:38.95

Final Results Here
Heats Results Here

4 hours ago, orangeman said:

Kind of weird that Rio was a surprise performance by Canada's swim team while this time we expected medals and they could end up with less, or at best the same.  But really it was mostly Oleksiak in 2016 while this time it's more spread out.  Just wish the mens side would develop more.  

Canada is the opposite of GB. GB’s men are noticeably better than the women while Canada is the opposite.

3 hours ago, rajiv said:

I'd say that countries who are excessively obsessed about the medal table like GB and China have long given this event a huge deal of thought and planning whereas I bet USA and Australia probably first really focused on this event yesterday  

But if this event stays I'm sure it will be different next time 

Yes I know all teams have an eye on the medal table but I'd say some more than others .

Both USA and Australia  don't really do all sports and all events whereas others like China and GB are always looking for low hanging fruit where money  could mean medals 

Not sure I agree about that.

Time to open the last finals session with the double lottery :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1. Proud
2. Andrew
3. Fratus

Spoiler

qhfwHAm.png

01TfqqP.png

cojyrr8.png