website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Does :GBR has a realistic chance to win any individual medals for people not named Peaty? :evil:

Duncan Scott in 200 FR and 200 IM, Dawson with a shot in 100 BK, maybe Proud in 50 FR.

About yesterday (or this morning in Tokyo), a bit sad Ledecky couldn't win, but she looks very good and is a clear favourite to win 800 and 1500 if her body holds up after a busy week. 

Summer McIntosh amazing at 14 yo, will win a medal in 4x200 for sure and even a shot in the individual race.

Chalmers split... Insane. That 100 FR final will be the race of the tournament.

Our young swimmer :GRE Konstantinos Englezakis won't be competing in Tokyo due to injury :cry:

He reached OQT in the men's 800 freestyle and also got invited for 200 and 400, but was only going to swim the 800 due to his injury but now he won't be able to be ready by then :cry:

I am happy though that he got to travel to Tokyo and attend the Opening Ceremony where very few Greek athletes actually went to march in the parade :yes

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Our young swimmer :GRE Konstantinos Englezakis won't be competing in Tokyo due to injury :cry:

He reached OQT in the men's 800 freestyle and also got invited for 200 and 400, but was only going to swim the 800 due to his injury but now he won't be able to be ready by then :cry:

I am happy though that he got to travel to Tokyo and attend the Opening Ceremony where very few Greek athletes actually went to march in the parade :yes

Turn up & swim a length would be my advice.

6 hours ago, NMQ said:

Duncan Scott in 200 FR and 200 IM, Dawson with a shot in 100 BK, maybe Proud in 50 FR.

About yesterday (or this morning in Tokyo), a bit sad Ledecky couldn't win, but she looks very good and is a clear favourite to win 800 and 1500 if her body holds up after a busy week. 

Summer McIntosh amazing at 14 yo, will win a medal in 4x200 for sure and even a shot in the individual race.

I will be shocked if Dawson can even get fourth on the strength of her semi swim. I feel Abbie Wood is the more likely female GB Swimmer capable of springing a surprise bronze if she makes the 200 IM final through she is much more likely to finish fourth or fifth. Molly Renshaw is likely to be in a similar position in the 200m Breastroke. 

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Does :GBR has a realistic chance to win any individual medals for people not named Peaty? :evil:

sure, Duncan Scott can only loose the 200m Free in a few hours...and if he's not prioritizing some relay, he should be the favourite also in the 200m IM (together with Michael Andrew, but the American doesn't look in the same shape he was at the US Trials)...

by the way, Chalmers' split is not so insane...it's comparable with Dressel's 47.2 at the start and it's just 2/10 of a sec quicker than Zach Apple...

I mean, we've already seen some of 45's in the past in the internal leg of a 4*100m relay...

I don't see him going even close to Gwangju's clockings in the individual race......

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Another little favour done by the IOC for NBC.  Women's 1500m is divided into 5 heats, which of course allows extra recovery time for Katie Ledecky, who has just done the 200m freestyle.

with 33 starters they couldn't do anything different...:evil:

at the Olympics, the 10-people heats are not an option...

10 hours ago, Monzanator said:

In other words - zero :p

Men’s 50 free (Proud)

Mens 200 free (Scott, maybe Dean)

Mens 100 fly (Guy)

Mens 200 IM (Scott)

Womens 200 breast (Renshaw)

Womens 100 back (Dawson)

Womens 200 IM (Wood)

I think at least 3 of them will medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 hours ago, NMQ said:

How will McIntosh win a medal in the 800 free relay for sure. They are roughly on par with USA and China, anything between 2nd and 4th is possible. If Ruck would be at her best, they would pretty much would be guaranteed silver though.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.