website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the 2020 Olympics? (2021 "A" version)

9 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

https://www.gracenote.com/virtual-medal-table/#demo

The New table is here guys! 

These are never correct, right? I mean, I sure hope they will get it right this time, 7 gold medals and 28(!) medals for us would be amazing. :d

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Interesting. I thought you would pick Ellie Downie instead of Taeja James. Does she has some crazy major upgrades?

Rumours are that she's just getting better and stronger at every aspect

16 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

People at Gracenote:

"Hey, we don't have enough data about recent competitions for this event, what shall we do?"
"Give one more medal to the Netherlands, nobody will notice it"

Oh don't you worry, people in the Netherlands noticed it and are laughing loud about it :p 

The only somewhat sensable comparison one can make is with our (Totallympics) summer world championships medal table, where especially France, Great Britain and Germany are WAY higher than Gracenote's prediction. Those three end up with a total of 31 gold medals on the VMT, whereas they have the reigning world champion in 47 (!) Olympic events. Turkey has 13 medals in those events, the VMT gives them a total of 26.

As for the Netherlands:

16-16-14 (46) according to the VMT, 15-16-6 (37) in terms of current medals. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!