website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the 2020 Olympics? (2021 "A" version)

11 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

I would be slightly more optimistic

3-8 medals in shooting 

1-3 medals in boxing 

1-4 medals in wrestling 

1 medal in weightlifting

1 medal in badminton 

Possible outside chances in archery , javelin , hockey .....

So 7 to a max of 20 .....likely around 10-12 .......... Big skew as most of the really good indian  players are so young 18-20 .....see how the handle the pressure 

Badminton is surely no no at the moment. Rest are okay with me as we are capable in those events to get so many. but would keep it at 6 n max at 10 with not putting too much expectation on myself, though we are capable to get so many actually.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

0-3 medals for Mexico, none of them gold like in Rio.

Most likely to succed: Tae kwon do, Diving, Football

Outside chance: Archery, Athletics, Gymnastics (artistic)

I think we can have a same situation like the last 2-3 Olympics, though this time the first medal could come in the first days as Taekwondo begins now on first week. So this could give momentum to the delegation since the pressure will be off.

I don't see more than 1 medal this time in Taekwondo, maybe a Bronze from Briseida or Maria Espinoza if she wins the berth.

Diving can give 1 or 2

Archery could give one in the Mixed Team or Individual (women's)

Athletics can have a surprise medal in 20 km walk I have high hopes this time with the ladies.

Weightlifting, a bronze could be in the mix and with no russians, few chinese and no north korean this time chances are very open for other countries.

Potential surprises (like the bronze in boxing, modern pentathlon in Rio) Shooting, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball/Baseball and Track Cycling

My very positive scenario: 8 medals 

My very discrete scenario: 4 medals

Either cases I don't see a gold medal

I will be happy if we have as many top 8 and olympic diplomas as possible

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Badminton is surely no no at the moment. Rest are okay with me as we are capable in those events to get so many. but would keep it at 6 n max at 10 with not putting too much expectation on myself, though we are capable to get so many actually.

In Badminton, we have two chances: Sindhu with her big tournament temperament and dark horses Satwik/Chirag. So, I would say we have 30-50% chance of a badminton medal as well. 

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

In Badminton, we have two chances: Sindhu with her big tournament temperament and dark horses Satwik/Chirag. So, I would say we have 30-50% chance of a badminton medal as well. 

I know that, But at the moment seeing the current form can say that we cant get the medal.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

Equestrian - 4 medals (2 gold) , I expect GBR to win both eventing golds. Also would not be shocked if Charlotte Dujardin wins a 3rd dressage gold (her horse is young and improving whilst the best German horses are getting old)

Funny how nobody was mentioning Valegro's age and mileage before Rio... This all seems like the usual dirty tactics (as presented by British Dressage) of trying to influence the judges through media.

#banbestmen

For Italy, no doubt for 35-40 medals
The problem for us is number of golds, all here are afraid for a medal table like 5-15-15.

ARCHERY 1
CLIMBING 1
ATHLETICS 2
CANOEING 1
ROWING 4 (1 GOLD)
CYCLING ROAD 2 (1 GOLD)
CYCLING TRACK 4 (1 GOLD)
GYMNASTICS 1
JUDO 2
KARATE 3
WRESTLING 1
SWIMMING 7 (1 GOLD)
WATERPOLO 1
FENCING 4
VOLLEYBALL 1 (1 GOLD)
TAEKWONDO 1
SHOOTING 3 (1 GOLD)
SAILING 2

35 medals with 9-10 gold for Italy in order to be considered a good performance - it would be similar to Rio (8 gold, 28 total medals) if we consider the fact that there are many new events in which Italians are good.

As usual there aren't many #1 favorites (so with a "Gracenote-style" medal prediction we'd end up with less gold medals) but a lot of athletes with a smaller chance.

13 hours ago, Triplecast said:

W Football will be favored, for sure, but USWNT was tied 1-1 with Sweden yesterday.   And Sweden eliminated US in Rio in QFs.  Plus, I heard that USWNT did not look impressive.  I think  UK is going to be a tough opponent. 

M BB, will also be favored, of course,  but the make-up of the  team matters and US Men Basketball was 7th in 2019 FIBA World Cup.

After what has happened this weekend, I should add Swim W 200 FS and 400 FS to the almost certain list.      

those are not locked gold medals at all...:whistle: