website statistics

Rowing FISA European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Ireland’s biggest hope for Olympic gold is O’Donovan and McCarthy in the lightweight double and they pretty handily won gold here so that’s a good sign

our women’s 4 haven’t qualified yet but silver here shows they’re in good form

our men’s pair were a big disappointment finishing 7th overall

Little disappointing day for us :NED at the European Championships. The most important boat for us, the men's quadruple, became only second. Their first defeat since 2018. It turned out that the boat's crew suffered from injuries during the winter. Typical case of: "If only the Games were in 2020". 

No medals for Greece :cry:

Very disappointing of course. Our two crews in A Finals both finished fourth.

In the women's pair, Bourmpou/Kyridou finished in 4th place. They had won bronze last year (well six months ago haha). The difference between first and fourth was just 1.5 seconds, so they were very close to even gold. I don't think GB competed last year so I guess that is the reason why our girls went down from third to fourth. Still a very good result considering Christina is 20 and Maria is 19. They will have many more chances in the future. I am certain of that.

Not sure if they will be able to win any medals this year. Olympic medal is extremely unlikely. Not sure if they'll show up at the World U23 Championships to defend their gold from 2019 because it is just two weeks before the Olympics. And also not sure about the European U23 Championships because both are supposed to be going to university in the United States after the Olympics.

And in the men's single sculls, Stefanos Ntouskos was second for most of the race but finished 4th in the end, right at the last second. I hate to make excuses but I really think he was at a disadvantage since he was in the Olympic quali regatta and had to race twice on Thursday while everyone else was resting. Still, this is a good result as he is young and improved on his result from last year where he was 5th. And in the men's single sculls, the best rowers in the world are mostly the Europeans so this is a good sign for the Olympics.

Lastly, congratulations to all rowers from all countries who won medals here! I know that my country will get back on the podium next year :d

Naturally, Ukraine is without medals (apart from the para rowing, thank you guys). And this will continue for a long time, until the stupid coaches stop making idioot rearrangements of crews and merge strong girls. Very pleased with the women's four, this crew only spent 10 training sessions together - and won the final B

4 hours ago, CCB said:

Little disappointing day for us :NED at the European Championships. The most important boat for us, the men's quadruple, became only second. Their first defeat since 2018. It turned out that the boat's crew suffered from injuries during the winter. Typical case of: "If only the Games were in 2020". 

The opposite for us.  :GBR We were a bad state in 2018 & 2019, have obviously coped well with lockdown & are now getting back to Rio form. 

We finished those championships with one medal, hurray, but in non-olympic event :nopompom:

I hope that in next month our team, which was affected by covid at winter preparations, will have higher form and two missing boats will qualify and everyone will perform well in Tokyo...

1 hour ago, rybak said:

We finished those championships with one medal, hurray, but in non-olympic event :nopompom:

I hope that in next month our team, which was affected by covid at winter preparations, will have higher form and two missing boats will qualify and everyone will perform well in Tokyo...

Men's single sculls is an Olympic event and you won bronze ;)