website statistics

Rowing FISA European Championships 2021

Totallympics

57 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I am really out of the loop with these various qualifications, does this event have any Olympic implications or is it just for the European Championship medals?

Just the European Championship medals, but at the same venue they just held the European Olympic qualification regatta which concluded yesterday, so many of the rowers who competed there stayed in Varese for the European Championships. Lithuania was not eligible to compete in those Olympic qualifiers.

20 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Just the European Championship medals, but at the same venue they just held the European Olympic qualification regatta which concluded yesterday, so many of the rowers who competed there stayed in Varese for the European Championships. Lithuania was not eligible to compete in those Olympic qualifiers.

Yeah, I saw that only Navickas started there.

Why was Lithuania not eligible though?

42 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

So all six Greek crews are still alive after today. I think it's safe to say our LM2X and M2- will be eliminated in the semifinals. Hoping our LW2X can sneak into Final A. They still have a chance to make it to the Olympics next month but it will be tough. The reallocated quota there could make a huge difference though.

I think Ntouskos (M1X) and Kyridou (W1X) will both make the finals, but I'm a bit worried about Kyridou especially after everything she went through this week (fell out of the boat in Olympic qualifying, then had to compete in repechage here).

Our W2- is already in the final and I'm hoping they can win another medal like they did last year. Both girls just only 20 years old, and they already each have 10 medals in big competitions (though only one at the senior level). Will be hard to see Romania not win gold, and the other big contenders seem to be Great Britain and Spain.

Yeah we can forget about that. They are in the same semifinal as all three medalists from the 2019 World Championships.

Would've been nice because we haven't made the final of LW2X since 2012. We won gold every year from 2007 to 2011 and silver in 2012.

Our M1X, W1X and LW2X all got placed in the more difficult semifinals. I still think both single sculls should make the finals but tough luck for our LW2X especially after being in that brutal Heat 3 today with three teams qualified for Tokyo, when the other heats only had one team qualified for Tokyo.

3 hours ago, zob79 said:

Unfortunately the live action on worldrowing site begins only tomorrow

They only have a live audio feed so far. Worldrowing could do such a better job promoting their sport. They had streams for the European U23 and Junior Championships last year which were watched by thousands of people on Youtube. They should do the same for this too.