website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yay, a medal in total for Sri Lanka! Is that a first?

I think this is the first total medal. the same guy won a bronze in CJ last year but those individual lift medals don't really matter.

even though I have to say, it was only 4 weightlifters in 55kg. still who cares. that's an achievement for Sri Lanka.

------------

China won two other golds in Olympic weights today, but no World Records. Liao Qiuyun won the women's 55kg by something like 9kg margin. still her records weren't great by Chinese standards. not sure if she secured her place in the Olympic team with that performance.

and in the men's side, 61kg turned out to be "very easy" for China. Li Fabin tried the CJ World Record in his last 2 attempts but failed. he was close in his first try.  still he won the gold by 26kg margin over someone from Saudi Arabia :yikes: if Eko Yuli Irawan doesn't participate in Tokyo, nobody is going to threaten Li Fabin in Tokyo

@Vic Liu what do you think ? is Li Fabin safe for Tokyo ?

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think this is the first total medal. the same guy won a bronze in CJ last year but those individual lift medals don't really matter.

even though I have to say, it was only 4 weightlifters in 55kg. still who cares. that's an achievement for Sri Lanka.

------------

China won two other golds in Olympic weights today, but no World Records. Liao Qiuyun won the women's 55kg by something like 9kg margin. still her records weren't great by Chinese standards. not sure if she secured her place in the Olympic team with that performance.

and in the men's side, 61kg turned out to be "very easy" for China. Li Fabin tried the CJ World Record in his last 2 attempts but failed. he was close in his first try.  still he won the gold by 26kg margin over someone from Saudi Arabia :yikes: if Eko Yuli Irawan doesn't participate in Tokyo, nobody is going to threaten Li Fabin in Tokyo

@Vic Liu what do you think ? is Li Fabin safe for Tokyo ?

For me, Li Fabin is safe for Tokyo since no rivals there. Liao Qiuyun and Hou Zhihui are competing for 1 quota in my mind. No one is secure right now I guess. Each of them have some shinning part in coach team's consideration.

9 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Liao Qiuyun and Hou Zhihui are competing for 1 quota in my mind

Oh well I thought yajun would lift 124.then she'd be 12kg ahead. At least 1 thing is liao is more stronger than her 2nd placed uzbek unlike hou who is good technically but not quite as strength as Indian 

1 minute ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

In which site are the results available. Checked iwf.net and awfederation.com/ but found nothing

nowhere really, I know it sucks :thumbdown: IWF used to have a good livescore system 10 years ago. looks like they really "progressed" in all aspects. :wall:

the only source for the results is the live stream. and if you are lazy to watch the whole thing , just go to the last minutes and see the results :d

20 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

We here in India already understand it and are celebrating India's 1st gold assured on day 1 

Little confusion arising despite scope for improvement in  snatch in competition. I won't say this is certainity at all. Now for some time I'll consider we have almost sure medal, no idea of the colour.

@Vic Liu Is this the trials for chinese like if li yajun got 2nd so she is not in selection anymore for 55kg?  

37 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Little confusion arising despite scope for improvement in  snatch in competition. I won't say this is certainity at all. Now for some time I'll consider we have almost sure medal, no idea of the colour.

@Vic Liu Is this the trials for chinese like if li yajun got 2nd so she is not in selection anymore for 55kg?  

I won't say absolutely, but most likely Li Yajun is out. Otherwise it's unfair for the champion since everyone knew it's a crucial trial.