website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

after what happened at 102kg, now Moradi needs 388kg total in Colombia to qualify. but still that Taiwanese guy can also participate and add something like 200pts to his points. if he doesn't, 388 will be enough. still that won't be easy to travel half the world and lift such a big weight.

finally we had a positive surprise for the Iranian team, Rasoul Motamedi surprised everyone by lifting 400kg in total and beat Fares Ibrahim El-Bakh for the gold at 102kg. I know it's a non-Olympic weight but still that was a great performance. that's an unofficial world record in this weight.

That competition in Colombia is going to be a million times more important than the organizers could ever imagine, isn't it? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That competition in Colombia is going to be a million times more important than the organizers could ever imagine, isn't it? :p 

sure :d It wasn't supposed to be the last event for Asia, Pan-Am and Europe. but they postponed for 2-3 months

and imagine if it gets cancelled which is very possible these days. it will be "funny" :d:facepalm: Colombia itself is facing a complete ban from the Olympics, if they receive that ban (they hope they can postpone it to a date after the Olympics) there is no point to host a qualification event.

This whole thing starts to sound like if we organize an event with only athletes who are NOT going to the Olympics (simply because of the dumb qualifying rules, not even the doping things yet), that event would be better than the Olympics :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This whole thing starts to sound like if we organize an event with only athletes who are NOT going to the Olympics (simply because of the dumb qualifying rules, not even the doping things yet), that event would be better than the Olympics :lol: 

It's tragic and funny at the same time. On the one hand, the lifters brought this to themselves with widespread doping offenses and a free pass to a corrupt president, but on the other hand it's unfair to those who are clean now. Well, I'm not sorry. This sport needs this kind of slap on the face.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's tragic and funny at the same time. On the one hand, the lifters brought this to themselves with widespread doping offenses and a free pass to a corrupt president, but on the other hand it's unfair to those who are clean now. Well, I'm not sorry. This sport needs this kind of slap on the face.

Yeah I'm not sorry for weightlifting as a sport, but I am sorry for myself :lol: I want to see epic battles where the fight for gold is being fought on record-breaking levels, like in Rio 2016. I know it wasn't clean there, and so sadly but absolutely rightfully measures have been taken, but boy was it entertaining.