website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Vic Liu said:

Tian did disappoint us. Good luck to Iran.

nah, Moradi won't qualify for the Olympcis with this record. :cry: that was really disappointing. he lifted 220 twice but missed it in the last seconds.

apparently he reached 415 a month ago but then injured his back again and didn't train properly in last 4 weeks.

he will participate in the last event in Colombia but I don't think he can make it.

congrats IWF, the world record holder won't qualify for the Olympics just because he was injured 2 years ago ! and someone with poor results like 350 and 360 will qualify. the Cuban guy will qualify with his mediocre 89kg results. he never lifted anything at 96kg.

it seems Moradi still has a chance, I will write more in details when I calculate the whole 96kg ranking (will do that tomorrow, since some athletes will participate at 102kg)

but if the others don't improve their ranking points, he still can make it to Tokyo by lifting 387kg in Colombia. I know Iran registered him (and Rostami) already. what a pity he could lift 394 here, but missed 220kg. :cry: it won't be easy for him to travel half the world and lift 387kg in such a short time but still his chance is alive.

both Moradi and Tian should be in Tokyo but these crazy rules may prevent both of them from participating.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems Moradi still has a chance, I will write more in details when I calculate the whole 96kg ranking (will do that tomorrow, since some athletes will participate at 102kg)

but if the others don't improve their ranking points, he still can make it to Tokyo by lifting 387kg in Colombia. I know Iran registered him (and Rostami) already. what a bit pity he could lift 394 here, but missed 220kg. :cry: it won't be easy for him to travel half the world and lift 387kg in such a short time but still his chance is alive.

both Moradi and Tian should be in Tokyo but these crazy rules may prevent both of them from participating.

Probably for Moradi it will be enough to overtake the guy from Kirgizistan, remember in your calculation that Colombia is a silver level tournament. 

Just now, Andry84 said:

Probably for Moradi it will be enough to overtake the guy from Kirgizistan, remember in your calculation that Colombia is a silver level tournament. 

of course I remember that. yes with 387kg in Colombia he will surpass the Kyrgyz guy but only if he doesn't improve his ranking points. and there is a guy from TPE who bombed out today, he could improve his score massively with a mediocre result today. he still can do that in Colombia (and makes it an uphill task for Moradi) but I'm not sure if he even registered for that event.

our Kyrgyz friend will participate tomorrow at 102kg. we will see if he can improve his result or not.

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

of course I remember that. yes with 387kg in Colombia he will surpass the Kyrgyz guy but only if he doesn't improve his ranking points. and there is a guy from TPE who bombed out today, he could improve his score massively with a mediocre result today. he still can do that in Colombia (and makes it an uphill task for Moradi) but I'm not sure if he even registered for that event.

our Kyrgyz friend will participate tomorrow at 102kg. we will see if he can improve his result or not.

I don't understand your concept at all. 

Take for example W +87kg 

Iuniarra participated in more events and will get the quota. PB-260kg

However Samoa will send Stowers PB -275kg in all probability 

So didn't your federation know they can send Reza here and replace him later at the Olympics ? 

Similarly Kang Yue could replace Wang Zhouyu in W87kg she's elligible for that

43 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I don't understand your concept at all. 

Take for example W +87kg 

Iuniarra participated in more events and will get the quota. PB-260kg

However Samoa will send Stowers PB -275kg in all probability 

So didn't your federation know they can send Reza here and replace him later at the Olympics ? 

Similarly Kang Yue could replace Wang Zhouyu in W87kg she's elligible for that

Oh, i dont  think it works like that, the qualification  is nominal, not for the Noc, the federation cant  change the lifters 

42 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Oh, i dont  think it works like that, the qualification  is nominal, not for the Noc, the federation cant  change the lifters 

Wait. 

Check this out. 

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2020/03/10/tokyo-2020-qualification-standings-m96/

Check what's written in behind the teammate section. Clearly says NOC can replace the lifter. And it's a very trust worthy website. 

So I don't know if the website got it wrong 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

the quota is for the athlete, not the NOC. that's very obvious. the whole idea of competing in 6 events in a period of 2 years. having multiple doping tests etc is to the check the Olympic athlete to make sure 2012 disaster doesn't happen. what's the point of all these things if NOCs can replace their athletes ?

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wait. 

Check this out. 

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2020/03/10/tokyo-2020-qualification-standings-m96/

Check what's written in behind the teammate section. Clearly says NOC can replace the lifter. And it's a very trust worthy website. 

So I don't know if the website got it wrong 

yes, it's wrong...

this is the official qualification sheet by IWF (paragraph B5):

https://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2020/05/FINAL-2020-05-26-Tokyo-2020-Revised-Qualification-system-Weightlifting-eng.pdf

5. Type of Allocation of Quota Places

- Quota places earned via the IWF Absolute Ranking (World and/or Continental Points) are allocated to the Athlete by Name (Individual Qualification).

- Quota places issued through the Host Country method are allocated to the NOC for eligible athletes.

- Quota places earned via the Tripartite Commission (Universality) are allocated to the Athlete by Name (Individual).