website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

22 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

At the moment nothing official and the Junior Worlds are not in Saudi Arabia anymore, will be held in Tashkent

Probably we will have to wait the last document that IWF sent to CIO 3 weeks ago.

37 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

that's interesting, I didn't read that one. still not confirmed though.

an online event sounds like a good idea for Oceania athletes. but that's only for them. not the rest of the world

Just now, MHSN said:

that's interesting, I didn't read that one. still not confirmed though.

an online event sounds like a good idea for Oceania athletes. but that's only for them. not the rest of the world

Is it compulsory to have a total in 2021? 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

And yet the most interesting sentence might be this one:

Many weightlifters on the International Weightlifting Federation’s (IWF) Olympic rankings lists have spent more than a year without fear of being tested.

The writer might as well have written "Many weightlifters on the ranking are doped" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I tried a bit to find something about Eko Yuli Irawan, what I found is that he is not injured or anything else. he apparently has some problems with their weightlifting federation and is training alone, he didn't participate here because he thinks he is already qualified for Tokyo 2020 ! :yikes: he needs to participate here or in Colombia to qualify , he doesn't need to lift anything .

if he didn't register already for that event in Colombia I believe he lost his chance to qualify. and that will be extremely dumb of him to not qualify this way ! the big question is will he go to Colombia or not.

@Griff88 do you know anything more about this ?