website statistics

Rowing FISA European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

I have no idea how Anneta Kyridou finished sixth in W1X! I wonder if she knew she was the fourth priority for the Greek federation to get the quota, and she is saving her energy for the European Championships which begin tomorrow? Still very risky if that's the case.

Our LW2X finished second and our LM2X were fifth, meaning LW2X will go to Tokyo unless Stefanos Ntouskos wins first place M1X. He is probably expected to win first place but I don't know. He won his heat and semifinal both, unless he fails on purpose so our LW2X can go to Tokyo and he would still probably qualify in Lucerne.

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Before M1x: :RUS secured two quotas, :SRB  :SWE  :GRE  :UKR  :POR  secured one quota. 

We have three open spots left for three other nations, it's most likely between :AUT  :TUR  :HUN  :FIN

I thought Ukraine secured two, W1X and LM2X?

Just now, Makedonas said:

I thought Ukraine secured two, W1X and LM2X?

A nation can only win two quotas if they win two or more events (and haven't won any quotas previously). 

"Except as provided below, at the Continental Qualification Regattas, an NOC may qualify a maximum of one (1) boat."

"For NOCs not having qualified any boats at the 2019 World Rowing Championships and having two boats placed first in two events at the Continental Qualification Regatta, both first placed boats shall qualify."

A relief that Ntouskos qualified, and I am confident Kyridou will qualify next month as well. Sad for our LW2X though, they really needed this. Will be hard to see them qualify now. Does anyone know what is happening with the reallocated quota from the Americas event in LW2X?