website statistics

Wrestling UWW African & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Mbunde was their best chance,

I don't think so even if he had won he'd lose to Tunisia. 

Fafe still should qualify. Even Midana has decent chance. Don't consider all Moroccans and Algerians the same. Even if Midana faced the Moroccan he'd have won within 2 minutes I feel. 

I watched almost the whole session (I mean as much as possible, it's impossible to focus on 3 mats at the same time) this is what I think

57: :ALG vs :FSM // :MAR vs :GBS

Algeria for sure :d but the 2nd semifinal will be interesting, the GBS guy survived two hard matches against EGY and NGR, I will he will be favorite against Ansari but that will be close. so I say  :ALG and :GBS

65: :MAD vs :SEN // :EGY vs :TUN

Senegal won the quota right after the draw lol, but the bottom half was very interesting, the Egyptian wrestler showed some heart to bring himself to the SF. he gassed early in both his matches against NGR and GBS but somehow managed to hold on to the win. in his QF he was actually down by a point but took advantage of his opponent's dumb mistake and threw him for good. if he had to wrestle right now I wouldn't give him much of chance but now he has several hours to rest and recover, so I say :SEN and :EGY

74: :EGY vs :ASA // :GBS vs :ALG

really surprised to see ASA here, he beat South Africa but no chance really against Egypt who beat a good Nigerian wrestler earlier today. and Midana will be clear favorite for the second semi, he used to be a very good wrestler even Jordan Burrughs had hard time against him once, he is 36 now but I think he will make it for his 4th Olympics, I say :EGY and :GBS

86: :EGY vs :ALG // :AUS vs :NGR

both EGY and ALG looked good in the first match, really hard pick for me, they looked at the same level, I say :ALG and :NGR

97: :TUN vs :EGY // :NGR vs :ALG

I think both semis will be close, really hard to say who is the favorite here. I say :EGY and :NGR

125: :EGY vs :RSA // :ALG vs :TUN

Egypt will be the favorite, and I think Algeria has the edge in the other semis, it was the only weight with two groups, both of group round matches between these 4 wrestlers were close so everything is possible, to me :EGY and :ALG

while I didn't predict for Tunisia but I think at least one of their wrestlers will find a way to the final :d