website statistics

Wrestling UWW African & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

the girl from Guam was actually pretty good, I think Nigeria and Cameroon were the best in the field,  and she wouldn't qualify if she was on the other side but that doesn't matter. a bit of luck is sometimes necessary.

have to take it back :p

the Tunisian girl struggled even against Madagascar and our friend from Guam lost in a minute 10-0 to Cameroon in the final. :d but still congrats. she took benefit of Kenya, Australia and Madagascar sending a wrestler in this weight  .because with 7 or less we should see a round robin (or 2 groups) and she wouldn't qualify.

Just now, thepharoah said:

@MHSN do u know which wrestlers qualified from women's -68 kg as long as we have a tie ? 

Egypt for sure. she has more classification points. but I assume she didn't know that at the end of her match :d

Tunisia finishes 3rd and I believe she will get the quota later. when they reallocate World Champs quota

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

50: :NGR:TUN

53: :CMR:GUM

57: :GUI:TUN

62: :TUN and the winner of last round match between :CMR:NGR

68: :NGR 99.99% and :EGY 90% . :TUN will finish 3rd and qualifies later. :SEN can be 3rd only if she wins by fall and score at least 8pts !

76: :EGY 100%, :TUN is 2nd, but :CIV still can qualify if she just beat Egypt by any score.

:NGR won the 62 spot

at 68, :SEN won her match but that was a PO1 win which wasn't enough. :EGY gets the quota and I believe :TUN will get another one later. unless they want to give that to :POL as the next best ranked at the Worlds.

so at the end

:TUN 4 (+1)

:NGR 3 (-1)

:EGY 2

:CMR 1

:GUM 1

:GUI 1

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Egypt for sure. she has more classification points. but I assume she didn't know that at the end of her match :d

Tunisia finishes 3rd and I believe she will get the quota later. when they reallocate World Champs quota

What about this reallocation rule ?

If a weight category counts less than 8 athletes and the quota place has to be reallocated, it will be reallocated
to the Tripartite Commission Invitation Places. 

Just now, sami-eg said:

What about this reallocation rule ?

If a weight category counts less than 8 athletes and the quota place has to be reallocated, it will be reallocated
to the Tripartite Commission Invitation Places. 

I was talking about the Swedish girl who won silver at the World Champs but later tested positive for doping, her quota normally should go to 7th place wrestler which was the same Nigerian girl who won the competition here.

where did you find that line ? I can't remember such a thing in wrestling rules. as far as I know there is no such a rule :mumble:

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I was talking about the Swedish girl who won silver at the World Champs but later tested positive for doping, her quota normally should go to 7th place wrestler which was the same Nigerian girl who won the competition here.

where did you find that line ? I can't remember such a thing in wrestling rules. as far as I know there is no such a rule :mumble:

Yes but Africa quota should be considered as a reallocation, shouldn't it?

Qualifications file page 4

https://uww.org/sites/default/files/2021-03/210226_revised_qualification_system_-_wrestling_-_eng.pdf

2 minutes ago, sami-eg said:

Yes but Africa quota should be considered as a reallocation, shouldn't it?

Qualifications file page 4

https://uww.org/sites/default/files/2021-03/210226_revised_qualification_system_-_wrestling_-_eng.pdf

that's really weird. I guess you are right. maybe they don't reallocate it the way I was "imaging" at first :mumble:

even though this is a bit "different" because the Nigerian is not withdrawing her quota. so I don't know really :mumble: they can give it to Tunisia or Poland or nobody after all!