website statistics

Wrestling UWW African & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Aquino sisters not having a bad day after all. Youth Olympian Lahnee leading against the Egyptian made me happy for some time. 

Maybe her younger sister can learn from her in the semis which would be harder but interestingly it's the weakest Tunisian athlethe in the squad yet it'll be the only opportunity Guam gets this tournament that close. 

It wasnt as simple as always just because the opponent  was from Tunisia. And I was right with this prediction. 

well, to me that was a 2-2 , of course they give such dubious calls to the host nation. even though one can say it should 2-2 +1 for TUN at the end for the "takedown" it could be either 4-3 for CIV or 4-4 for TUN. but as far as I know about the rules 3-2 for TUN was wrong.

CIV is not done yet. she still can qualify by beating Egypt. uphill task though

it seems everybody is watching this :d but just to have a summary

50: :NGR:TUN

53: :CMR:GUM

57: :GUI:TUN

62: :TUN and the winner of last round match between :CMR:NGR

68: :NGR 99.99% and :EGY 90% . :TUN will finish 3rd and qualifies later. :SEN can be 3rd only if she wins by fall and score at least 8pts !

76: :EGY 100%, :TUN is 2nd, but :CIV still can qualify if she just beat Egypt by any score.

Hoping for :GBS to grab their first quota tomorrow, though looking at the brackets they will definitely have to earn it. In the -57kg Iuna may have to go through 3/4 2019 African Games medalists while in the -65kg Cumba likely faces the 2020 African Championship silver medalist as his first opponent (on the other hand, that top half bracket is quite weak). Their 2016 Olympians will also have a tough path.