website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://easywl.com/results/ Live scores

Eurosport1 Live Stream http://www.tvtuga.com/eurosport-espanha/   Eurosport tv schedule https://www.eurosport.pt/tvschedule.shtml   Groups B, C Live Stream https://w

the fact that by far the best of our athletes here finished a representative of a completely different sport, who decided to attend to this championship only as part of her "winter" preparation for th

Posted Images

I have a question on the different weight classes and the respective qualifications for the Olympic Games.

Example 1: French Bernardin Matam is currently on place 17 in the qualifcation ranking for weight class <73 kg.

But I only see results for him in weight class <67kg and he only competed in this class in the current european championships.

 

Example 2: German Simon Josef Brandhuber is currently on place 8 in the qualification ranking for weight class <61kg.

From what I see, he competed in weight classes <73kg and <67kg in the last years and only moved to <61kg this year.

 

How are the athletes classified for the different weight classes in the Olympic Ranking and how are old results treated if an athlete moves to another weight class?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

How are the athletes classified for the different weight classes in the Olympic Ranking and how are old results treated if an athlete moves to another weight class?

points from other weights will be transferred without any change, if you receive 900pts when you participate at 102kg, that will be counted exactly as 900pts at 109kg too. for example you can see Brandhuber has exactly the same number of ranking points in all those 3 weights.

 

but to be eligible you have to participate at least twice in a weight. Brandhuber has two results in any of those 3 weights, so he can pick any of them. but the French guy Bernardin Matam has only 1 result at 73kg. he is not eligible to qualify in this weight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

I have a question on the different weight classes and the respective qualifications for the Olympic Games.

Example 1: French Bernardin Matam is currently on place 17 in the qualifcation ranking for weight class <73 kg.

But I only see results for him in weight class <67kg and he only competed in this class in the current european championships.

 

Example 2: German Simon Josef Brandhuber is currently on place 8 in the qualification ranking for weight class <61kg.

From what I see, he competed in weight classes <73kg and <67kg in the last years and only moved to <61kg this year.

 

How are the athletes classified for the different weight classes in the Olympic Ranking and how are old results treated if an athlete moves to another weight class?

our Frenchman Bernardin Kingue-Matam plays his Olympic qualification in -67kg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Pizzolato, where did that come from. Karlos did everything perfect for a 16 year old, but allez. Nevertheless, he tasted a big Championship against the men and next time it will be the World Records. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Damn Pizzolato, where did that come from. Karlos did everything perfect for a 16 year old, but allez. Nevertheless, he tasted a big Championship against the men and next time it will be the World Records. 

Karlos does not have a chance for the Olympic Qualification as he did not compete in all 3 periods correct?

Or is there a chance that he will get a wildcard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Karlos does not have a chance for the Olympic Qualification as he did not compete in all 3 periods correct?

Or is there a chance that he will get a wildcard?

No chance for the Olympics, as you are right, he doesn't have the 3 periods rule. Also i don't think, they are giving out wildcards :d

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't quite understand how ties are broken.

image.png

Here, both lifters had the same best weight in C&J, 206. Then, their second best result was also the same, 200. Then, one lifted 195 and the other lifted 194. How come the one with the third best lift got silver? I'll have a wild guess here and say that body weight is what matters, but then again the lighter of the two lifted the heaviest weight, and still got silver in C&J. Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't quite understand how ties are broken.

image.png

Here, both lifters had the same best weight in C&J, 206. Then, their second best result was also the same, 200. Then, one lifted 195 and the other lifted 194. How come the one with the third best lift got silver? I'll have a wild guess here and say that body weight is what matters, but then again the lighter of the two lifted the heaviest weight, and still got silver in C&J. Why?

I could be wrong, but I thought there used to be (perhaps still is) a rule that the first lifter to lift the weight held the tie break. The other souls have to lift a higher weight if they wanted to leapfrog the leader.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't quite understand how ties are broken.

image.png

Here, both lifters had the same best weight in C&J, 206. Then, their second best result was also the same, 200. Then, one lifted 195 and the other lifted 194. How come the one with the third best lift got silver? I'll have a wild guess here and say that body weight is what matters, but then again the lighter of the two lifted the heaviest weight, and still got silver in C&J. Why?

as @Olympian1010 said whoever reaches the record first finishes higher. your 2nd and 3rd results don't matter at all. Pizzolato had to lift 207 to beat the Bulgarian, he didn't even try because he didn't care much about the CJ medal. he wanted the gold medal in total and 206 was good enough for that.

bodyweight used to be the tiebreaker in weightlifting for a VERY long time (since the beginning until few years ago) but it doesn't matter anymore.

 

btw the fact that this Bulgarian kid can't qualify for the Olympics just shows how terrible is this system. it closed the door for any young talent because you had to collect points from 2018! how old he was when the qualification period started?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...