website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Another fun fact: the B group results are entirely ignored in the graphics :p So if someone has a lift that would bring them to 1st in the A group, but still behind the B group winner, the graphics say they're in 1st place anyway :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Pity for Zanni, 2 bad mistakes in the clean, in the past days he did 178kg in training. 

For the Olympic pass should be 99,9% done. 

he will go to tokyo he is above turkish and our french and for the French Bernardin Kingue-Matam it's cooked .. the same for Dora Tchakounté in -59kg

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

he will go to tokyo he is above turkish and our french and for the French Bernardin Kingue-Matam it's cooked .. the same for Dora Tchakounté in -59kg

The Turkish guy will overtake Zanni, but I think both will finish in top 8 and so also Kingue Matam will fly to Tokyo(he managed to defend some points from Georgia) , the French girl in59 kg I think she will qualify too. There is still the Colombian tournament for European weightlifters but I don't think it will change a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

The Turkish guy will overtake Zanni, but I think both will finish in top 8 and so also Kingue Matam will fly to Tokyo(he managed to defend some points from Georgia) , the French girl in59 kg I think she will qualify too. There is still the Colombian tournament for European weightlifters but I don't think it will change a lot. 

I hope you are right, and I expect a lot from Gaelle-Verlaine Nayo-Ketchanké in -81kg

21 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Anyone know what are the chances of some of the GBR women qualifying for Tokyo?

it's really hard / almost impossible to analyze the current ranking, someone from the bottom of the list (with only 3 valid result) can move up the rank rapidly by a good 4th result. while most weightlifters already finished their 4th valid result and can only slightly improve their score. also most countries will have more quotas than they can, they have to pick some which will remove their other athletes from the other weights. I mean there are lots of variables.

but in short GBR has a good chance to win 3 quotas. I think all 3 of them (Davies or Smith at 64, Godley at 71 and Campbell at +87) will qualify at the end. but nothing is guaranteed for any of them.