website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why, is there any backing to that (like in Semenya's case we all know there is some medical thing going on, no matter what one's opinion is), or is it just a matter of "she looks more masculine and I don't like that" and that's it? :p 

It's the second one, but for looking like that , there is something suspicious... 

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

russia only has one quota, i think they can use it in + 87kg, but with asian countries which can send only 4 quotas, chances are not? this system is even more complex than before

I think that at least Chn, Ind, INA, USA, Col, VIE, Dom, PNG will finish ahead of both European and will be selected by their Noc. 

3 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

It's the second one, but for looking like that , there is something suspicious... 

I'd say the bigger suspicion comes from having not competed for four years, serving a doping ban in between and coming back literally stronger than ever :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

I think that at least Chn, Ind, INA, USA, Col, VIE, Dom, PNG will finish ahead of both European and will be selected by their Noc. 

Isn't the Colombian lifter provisionally suspended? Also, there is a chance CHN might skip this event. (They have a meagre 10kg lead here while they have 20kg lead in other weights). 

9 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Isn't the Colombian lifter provisionally suspended? Also, there is a chance CHN might skip this event. (They have a meagre 10kg lead here while they have 20kg lead in other weights). 

You are right, the Colombian is suspended and China will likely skip this weight, in this case probably both France and Turkey will be in Tokyo. 

What is the rule for tiebreakers in the total? For example lifter A snatched 84kg, lifter B snatched 83kg. In CJ lifter A starts with and succeeds at 102kg, bringing her to 186kg. She is immediately followed by lifter B, who succeeds at 103kg, also bringing her to 186kg. I used to think the priority went to whoever lifted it first (ever since the body weight is not the tiebreaker anymore), but apparently lifter B is in front in the total in this case. Why? Is CJ given priority over snatch? That'd be weird..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What is the rule for tiebreakers in the total? For example lifter A snatched 84kg, lifter B snatched 83kg. In CJ lifter A starts with and succeeds at 102kg, bringing her to 186kg. She is immediately followed by lifter B, who succeeds at 103kg, also bringing her to 186kg. I used to think the priority went to whoever lifted it first (ever since the body weight is not the tiebreaker anymore), but apparently lifter B is in front in the total in this case. Why? Is CJ given priority over snatch? That'd be weird..

whoever reaches that record first (in snatch, CJ or total) finishes higher.

in the case you explained, lifter A wins the total , when you are down 1kg in snatch you have to lift 2kg more in CJ to win the competition.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

whoever reaches that record first (in snatch, CJ or total) finishes higher.

in the case you explained, lifter A wins the total , when you are down 1kg in snatch you have to lift 2kg more in CJ to win the competition.

Yeah exactly, that's what I thought. Alright, so that means (not so surprising I guess) that the official graphics are wrong :lol: 

What a mess.