website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Just now, rybak said:

Damn it, with "help" from judges Michalski finished without medal despite lifted 226kg in CJ :mad: At least Kasabijew have a small silver medal. But still those championships are pathetic for us, without medals in total, just third time in history of European Champs....

Anyway I hope that Michalski's 396kg in total will be enough for Olympics, what do you think @MHSN?

I think this result will move him up to 6th/7th place or something like that, I can guarantee you that he will qualify. some of those guys in top 15 won't go to Tokyo. I can say those 2 Iranians are already out, CHN too, RUS has to pick just one. Michalski is 99.99% safe

I couldn't watch this one live but wow Martirostyan bombed out ?! :yikes: I know this is an "Armenian" thing to bomb out on unnecessary high weights but this is the World Record holder , you expect more from him.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I think this result will move him up to 6th/7th place or something like that, I can guarantee you that he will qualify. some of those guys in top 15 won't go to Tokyo. I can say those 2 Iranians are already out, CHN too, RUS has to pick just one. Michalski is 99.99% safe

I couldn't watch this one live but wow Martirostyan bombed out ?! :yikes: I know this is an "Armenian" thing to bomb out on unnecessary high weights but this is the World Record holder , you expect more from him.

Thank you for great news :d 

Yes, the Armenian guy wasn't too focused on lifting 227kg when he knew that is winner already and happened what happened :lol:

48 minutes ago, rybak said:

Thank you for great news :d 

Yes, the Armenian guy wasn't too focused on lifting 227kg when he knew that is winner already and happened what happened :lol:

Ukraine is number one in medal table :yikes:

Super-heavyweights are always so fair. :GBR Emily Campbell with body weight of 122 kg towers over all other in the 87+ category. :d Nothing against her, but when there are 5 women with 92 kg or lower competing in the same category, you know things are a bit unfair. 

the fact that by far the best of our athletes here finished a representative of a completely different sport, who decided to attend to this championship only as part of her "winter" preparation for the Tokyo summer season speaks for itself about the tragic state of our weightlifting ;)

Martina Hrašnová (Hammer Throw)

the World Champs bronze medalist  from Berlin and two times European Championship medalist was not far to win a medal also in a totally different sport, she just finished 6th in the W +87 (was even 4th in Snatch, that must be a bit embarassing for all other starters here :lol:)

https://www.atletika.sk/kladivarka-martina-hrasnova-ktora-sa-chysta-na-oh-v-tokiu-si-odskocila-na-me-vo-vzpierani-v-moskve-kde-skoncila-siesta/

How does the Olympic qualification look for Nagy? He has been the only notable Hungarian weightlifter in the last decade and sadly it looks like his best days are behind him, I doubt we will ever repeat the 420kg total from Rio. 

30 minutes ago, Vektor said:

How does the Olympic qualification look for Nagy? He has been the only notable Hungarian weightlifter in the last decade and sadly it looks like his best days are behind him, I doubt we will ever repeat the 420kg total from Rio. 

Difficult to say, he should be good for European spot if Orsag stay in top 8 and Mart Seim doesn't show in Colombia. 

26 minutes ago, Vektor said:

hard to tell , he is currently 20th and I believe he will climb few positions when they update the ranking after this Euro

but we don't know his real ranking, there is a loophole in the rules, some weaker weightlifters may use it in their advantage to qualify in another weight just to participate in the Olympics

some guys above Nagy are in fact 109kg weightlifters who just participated once or twice in the super heavy weight to complete their 6 mandatory events. Yang (CHN), Martirosyan (ARM), Kitts (USA), Michalski (POL), Ruiz (ESP) Aramnau (BLR) and Mastirosjan (AUT) remove these guys, also 2 other guys from Armenia and Belarus (most probably won't go to Tokyo) Nagy will be probably in top 8 !

but what's the loophole , consider that guy from Austria, if he doesn't qualify at 109kg, he simply can try his chance at +109kg and he may qualify because he registered twice in that weight too (which is mandatory to make you eligible) he will be weak in Tokyo at +109kg but at least he will go to Tokyo.