website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Anais Michel will be probably some points ahead of Erdogan (i am not sure, it's about very few points) i think both will fly to Colombia for the last tournament. I think they have no chance to finish in top 8, PNG and DOM have great chances to overtake both of them. 

so anais has no chance to go to tokyo?

21 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

A better infographic could help...

For some reason not a single weightlifting competition seems to have it figured out. One very simple improvement would be to show both the CJ and overall positions after a lift, it can easily be done with some small graphic on the left side of the screen (sort of like in motorsports)...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, many of the names are messed up. I was all the time thinking this Csengeri Suneta was destroying everyone, turns out the actual name is Monica-Suneta Csengeri (and Michel Anais instead of Anais Michel is another example).

About Csengeri, it was an, uhm....interesting result. Destroyed the competition in her first competition after a four year absence (yeah, those reasons we all know), annihilating her old personal records immediately. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh cool, the women's 45kg winner has a doping past as well (granted, she was 14 when she tested positive for stanozolol, makes you wonder whether the coach responsible has been thrown in jail yet, East-German practices right there...).

Two out of two, let's see how this develops.

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

so anais has no chance to go to tokyo?

She must stay ahead of Erdogan, now I think she  is still ahead but with few points of margin, there is still 1 tournament in Colombia open for  European athletes, I think both have to fly there. 

1 minute ago, Andry84 said:

She must stay ahead of Erdogan, now I think she  is still ahead but with few points of margin, there is still 1 tournament in Colombia open for  European athletes, I think both have to fly there. 

russia only has one quota, i think they can use it in + 87kg, but with asian countries which can send only 4 quotas, chances are not? this system is even more complex than before

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Also, many of the names are messed up. I was all the time thinking this Csengeri Suneta was destroying everyone, turns out the actual name is Monica-Suneta Csengeri (and Michel Anais instead of Anais Michel is another example).

About Csengeri, it was an, uhm....interesting result. Destroyed the competition in her first competition after a four year absence (yeah, those reasons we all know), annihilating her old personal records immediately. 

If she can compete in women weightlifting, I don't see any reason why Semenia can't compete in women 800 metres.... 

Just now, Benolympique said:

russia only has one quota, i think they can use it in + 87kg, but with asian countries which can send only 4 quotas, chances are not? this system is even more complex than before

I know, but I think that  at the end there will be 8 weightlifters that will be selectioned by their Noc ahead of Erdogan and Michel, so only 1 of them will go with European pass, but it's only my prediction. 

2 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

If she can compete in women weightlifting, I don't see any reason why Semenia can't compete in women 800 metres.... 

Why, is there any backing to that (like in Semenya's case we all know there is some medical thing going on, no matter what one's opinion is), or is it just a matter of "she looks more masculine and I don't like that" and that's it? :p