website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

Just now, MHSN said:

oh my god, that's unbelievable. fucking idiot . he was leading 4-0 COMFORTABLY , tried to push his opponent out of the mat and BANG 4 pts throw in last 30 seconds. losing 4-4. gifting the quota to someone who can't place in top 6 in our nationals. what an idiot.

I just watch it. Unbelievable

24 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I just watch it. Unbelievable

yep it happens, this is why wrestling is always unpredictable.

and it happened for Nouri before. he just never learns. and he just ruined our perfect chance of having a full team in Tokyo.

congrats btw :yes

24 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Nouri will win quota in Sofia. Korean Kim also. 

don't know about Kim but Nouri might not even make it to Sofia. not sure if our coach "forgives" him for this defeat. they may try another guy in Sofia.

but with Russia, Armenia and Turkey plus few other countries all of them without quota at 87kg, I highly doubt anybody from Iran can qualify this weight in Sofia.

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

MHSN can you make a predictions for world tournament, which names are favourite for two slots ( I know we do not have entry list...) but it could be interesting. 

sure, I can wait for the freestyle competition to be done or I can write what I think about Greco today. even though right now I feel like someone who got hit by a car :d (actually I did got hit by a car 8 days ago)

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

sure, I can wait for the freestyle competition to be done or I can write what I think about Greco today. even though right now I feel like someone who got hit by a car :d (actually I did got hit by a car 8 days ago)

I was pretty sure that he gain this quota. I believe it is very disapointing...

19 minutes ago, Adriano said:

I was pretty sure that he gain this quota. I believe it is very disapointing...

Yes everybody here was sure about that but well, having that good draw was too good to be true. I knew something bad will happen :d

I guess this is why we all love sports. being unpredictable.

so. short summary of qualified nations

60: :CHN:KGZ

67: :IRI:KOR

77: :JPN:KGZ

87: :CHN:KAZ

97: :IRI:KGZ

130: :KOR:UZB

if we also count quotas from the World Championships for the Asian countries,

5 :IRI

4 :KGZ:UZB

3 :KAZ

2 :CHN:JPN:KOR

15 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Hasibagena and Menghejigan are ethnic Mongolian, they usually don’t have family name.

Habila AWUSAYIMAN and Walihan SAILIKE are the order we call them. They are Uighur and the order for them is given name first, family name second. The family name is farther’s given name and it changed by generation.

I think it incorrect to translate their name in mandarin romanization. It’s better to translate their name directly from their mother tongue.

They are not Uighurs, they are Kazakhs