website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

@Vic Liu can you help me with some Chinese names

Hasibagena and Menghejigan have just one name ?

Awusayiman Habila and Walihan Sailike? in what order you call these guys

Hasibagena and Menghejigan are ethnic Mongolian, they usually don’t have family name.

Habila AWUSAYIMAN and Walihan SAILIKE are the order we call them. They are Uighur and the order for them is given name first, family name second. The family name is farther’s given name and it changed by generation.

I think it incorrect to translate their name in mandarin romanization. It’s better to translate their name directly from their mother tongue.

21 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Hasibagena and Menghejigan are ethnic Mongolian, they usually don’t have family name.

Habila AWUSAYIMAN and Walihan SAILIKE are the order we call them. They are Uighur and the order for them is given name first, family name second. The family name is farther’s given name and it changed by generation.

I think it incorrect to translate their name in mandarin romanization. It’s better to translate their name directly from their mother tongue.

thanks a lot :yes I know I asked such questions before. but I'm trying to understand the naming system everywhere.

so whenever we see someone from China with just one word as name, he is ethnic Mongolian and we shouldn't search for a second name.

Semis are set

60: :CHN Walihan vs :TJK Mirzorajabov /// :IND Gyanender vs :KGZ Sharshenbekov

67: :KOR Ryu vs :UZB Vardanyan /// :IRI Geraei vs :IND Ashu

77: :KGZ Makhmudov vs :IND Gurpreet /// :CHN Zhang vs :JPN Yabiku

87: :IND Sunil vs :KAZ Tursynov /// :IRI Nouri vs :CHN Peng

97: :IRI Saravi vs :CHN Chen /// :KGZ Dzhuzupbekov vs :KOR Kim

130: :UZB Abdullaev vs :CHN Meng /// :KOR Kim vs :IND Naveen

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

huge huge upset, the 2012 Olympic Champion Kim Hyeon-woo lost to Gurpreet Singh of India :yikes:

Nice, now Tamás Lőrincz can finally win his gold as there are no Koreans in his event :p (he lost the final against Kim in 2012 and then lost to another Korean in 2016)

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Nice, now Tamás Lőrincz can finally win his gold as there are no Koreans in his event :p (he lost the final against Kim in 2012 and then lost to another Korean in 2016)

There is still World Qualification tournament

oh my god, that's unbelievable. fucking idiot . he was leading 4-0 COMFORTABLY , tried to push his opponent out of the mat and BANG 4 pts throw in last 30 seconds. losing 4-4. gifting the quota to someone who can't place in top 6 in our nationals. what an idiot.