website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

we have the entries for the Asian OQT, now it's easier to have some early prediction, even though this is list is NOT final and some late changes are always possible and as expected there is nobody from North Korea in the list. they simply gave up Olympic qualifications.

57kg, seeds: 1) :KGZ MYRZANAZAR UULU, 2) :CHN LIU, 3)

I see 13 names from 11 wrestlers in the list. Mongolia surprisingly is not sending the top seed, instead they are sending the former world bronze at 61kg. KGZ has two guys in the list, one of them should be seed 1 but I have a feeling they will send the other guy who is a serious contender, I don't think seeding matters here because the biggest names are unseeded. from what I see PHI, TKM, PAK and IRQ are here to just make the numbers but other 7 wrestlers will fight for the 2 quotas, I give more changes to :JPN and :MGL but :KGZ and :UZB are right after them. also never underestimate :KOR and the Chinese guy is also not bad at all. slim chance for TJK too.

65kg, seeds:  nobdy!

none of the seeded Asian wrestlers are here in the entry list, so it will be an open draw between 10 wrestlers. 4 on top and 6 in the bottom half of the draw. surprisingly Bahrain didn't enter their Russian top seed. the biggest name in the list is :UZB Bekbulatov. who is a former European Champion from Russia. I think the next favurite is our :IRI A.M. Yazdani I think he will be fine if he doesn't get Bekbulatov before the final. that's the key in the draw. from 10 NOCs in the list, KUW, TKM, YEM and IRQ have no chance. I don't know this Chinese guy but they sometimes have dangerous wrestlers at this weight. KOR too. but I think :KGZ Akmataliev is the biggest threat for the 2 favorites

74kg, seeds: 1) :KOR LEE, :TJK SHARIPOV

13 NOCs in the list, seeding doesn't matter here too, those seeded are far from being the favorite. again IRQ, THA, QAT, TKM are most probably TJK are here to make the numbers. former world medalist :UZB Abdurakhmonov is the hot favorite here. I believe :IRI Emami is 2nd who is 2019 world bronze medalist but at 70kg. he is good but not experienced in this new weight, that's worrisome. I don't know this new guy of :IND but they usually have good wrestlers at this weight, this makes him the #3 for me in this weight. don't forget :BRN Batirov who is a 4 time world medalist but he is 36 and didn't achieve anything at 74kg. still he is Russian! the KGZ here is also a former world medalist but I don't give him much chance. he, CHN and KOR are next in line.

86kg, seeds: 1) :JPN TAKATANI, 2) :IRQ AL OBAIDI

12 guys are in the list, interestingly Asian Games silver medalist :LBN Abounader is here too he once withdrew from the LBN wrestling team when they forced him to withdraw against an Israeli opponent. the Iraqi guy 2nd seed is a joke, probably the worst in the field ! I think :KAZ:UZB:JPN are the favorites. and :LBN of course.

97kg, seeds: 1) :UZB IBRAGIMOV, 2) :IND KADIAN

10 NOCs are in the list, Kadian and our Mohammadian have the same points but :IND is seed 2 per tiebreaking rules. I believe :IRI Mohammadian is huge huge favorite here. the only guy who can upset our guy is the grandpa :UZB Ibragimov who has a history of beating our wrestlers, (even though he is old and lost his last match to our guys) from the rest :MGL is dangerous too. I believe if Mohammadian falls in the bottom half, :IRI and :UZB will qualify but if not, that will open the door for :IND or :MGL.

125kg, seeds: 1) :KAZ BATIRMURZAEV, 2) :KGZ LAZAREV

11 wrestlers in the list. I believe the best guy is rightfully seeded as #1. I think Lazarev probably deserves the 2nd seed too but it will be an open competition, there is no clear favorite. :IND Sumit is probably the next best guy and will have a good chance if he is in the bottom half. the rest are below average wrestlers, maybe KOR can do something here too.

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

May I ask why some category includes multiple wrestlers from the same NOC? I see 2 KGZ, 2 KOR and 2 JPN wrestlers in 57kg, isn't it unfair for those sending 1 wrestler each category (I mean CHN). @MHSN

it's just the preliminary list, at the end only one of them will wrestle in the competition, sometimes they want to confuse other countries by entering multiple names. that's what Russia used to do before the internet age. (they can't do that now because everybody knows who won their trials)

33 minutes ago, MHSN said:

we have the entries for the Asian OQT, now it's easier to have some early prediction, even though this is list is NOT final and some late changes are always possible and as expected there is nobody from North Korea in the list. they simply gave up Olympic qualifications.

57kg, seeds: 1) :KGZ MYRZANAZAR UULU, 2) :CHN LIU, 3)

I see 13 names from 11 wrestlers in the list. Mongolia surprisingly is not sending the top seed, instead they are sending the former world bronze at 61kg. KGZ has two guys in the list, one of them should be seed 1 but I have a feeling they will send the other guy who is a serious contender, I don't think seeding matters here because the biggest names are unseeded. from what I see PHI, TKM, PAK and IRQ are here to just make the numbers but other 7 wrestlers will fight for the 2 quotas, I give more changes to :JPN and :MGL but :KGZ and :UZB are right after them. also never underestimate :KOR and the Chinese guy is also not bad at all. slim chance for TJK too.

65kg, seeds:  nobdy!

none of the seeded Asian wrestlers are here in the entry list, so it will be an open draw between 10 wrestlers. 4 on top and 6 in the bottom half of the draw. surprisingly Bahrain didn't enter their Russian top seed. the biggest name in the list is :UZB Bekbulatov. who is a former European Champion from Russia. I think the next favurite is our :IRI A.M. Yazdani I think he will be fine if he doesn't get Bekbulatov before the final. that's the key in the draw. from 10 NOCs in the list, KUW, TKM, YEM and IRQ have no chance. I don't know this Chinese guy but they sometimes have dangerous wrestlers at this weight. KOR too. but I think :KGZ Akmataliev is the biggest threat for the 2 favorites

74kg, seeds: 1) :KOR LEE, :TJK SHARIPOV

13 NOCs in the list, seeding doesn't matter here too, those seeded are far from being the favorite. again IRQ, THA, QAT, TKM are most probably TJK are here to make the numbers. former world medalist :UZB Abdurakhmonov is the hot favorite here. I believe :IRI Emami is 2nd who is 2019 world bronze medalist but at 70kg. he is good but not experienced in this new weight, that's worrisome. I don't know this new guy of :IND but they usually have good wrestlers at this weight, this makes him the #3 for me in this weight. don't forget :BRN Batirov who is a 4 time world medalist but he is 36 and didn't achieve anything at 74kg. still he is Russian! the KGZ here is also a former world medalist but I don't give him much chance. he, CHN and KOR are next in line.

86kg, seeds: 1) :JPN TAKATANI, 2) :IRQ AL OBAIDI

12 guys are in the list, interestingly Asian Games silver medalist :LBN Abounader is here too he once withdrew from the LBN wrestling team when they forced him to withdraw against an Israeli opponent. the Iraqi guy 2nd seed is a joke, probably the worst in the field ! I think :KAZ:UZB:JPN are the favorites. and :LBN of course.

97kg, seeds: 1) :UZB IBRAGIMOV, 2) :IND KADIAN

10 NOCs are in the list, Kadian and our Mohammadian have the same points but :IND is seed 2 per tiebreaking rules. I believe :IRI Mohammadian is huge huge favorite here. the only guy who can upset our guy is the grandpa :UZB Ibragimov who has a history of beating our wrestlers, (even though he is old and lost his last match to our guys) from the rest :MGL is dangerous too. I believe if Mohammadian falls in the bottom half, :IRI and :UZB will qualify but if not, that will open the door for :IND or :MGL.

125kg, seeds: 1) :KAZ BATIRMURZAEV, 2) :KGZ LAZAREV

11 wrestlers in the list. I believe the best guy is rightfully seeded as #1. I think Lazarev probably deserves the 2nd seed too but it will be an open competition, there is no clear favorite. :IND Sumit is probably the next best guy and will have a good chance if he is in the bottom half. the rest are below average wrestlers, maybe KOR can do something here too.

it would be good if iraq, turkemistan, afghanistan, palestine or yemen won quotas during this TQO

7 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

it would be good if iraq, turkemistan, afghanistan, palestine or yemen won quotas during this TQO

but that's not going to happen :p while the sport in unpredictable but not this much. Yemen and Palestine and Afghanistan 0% absolutely no chance. but Iraq and Turkmenistan maybe 1%. at least they know the basic of the sport. but they can qualify if they only face each other before the final. not going to happen with this seeding system

and Greco

60kg, seeds: 1) :CHN WALIHAN, 2) :KGZ SHARSHENBEKOV

10 in the list, I believe the best 2 guys are rightfully seeded. 3 Asian wrestlers are already qualified which makes the weight a bit weak. I believe KOR and IND are the only wrestlers who can cause problems for these 2 specially KOR. absolutely no chance for the rest .Sharshenbekov is a favorite for an Olympic medal, nobody wants to face him before the final.

67kg, seeds: 1) :KOR RYU, :IND ASHU

14 NOCs in the list, Ryu is a former world champion so I assume everybody wants to be in the bottom half! KAZ has 3 guys in the list, two of them are former world medalists, I believe whoever Kazakhstan sends will be #2 behind KOR. specially because when you wrestle Kazakhstan in Kazakhstan who you have to beat the refs too. they blatantly cheat with no shame. I want to think our Geraei is #3 and hopefully avoid both of them before the final (wishful thinking lol) Tian CHN and Vardanyan UZB are probably the next best guys + KGZ and maybe even JPN. no chance for the rest.

77kg, seeds: 1) :IRQ AL BIDHAN

only 1 wrestler from the seeded list is in the entry list and I'm sure everybody wants to meet him lol with 10 wrestlers in the list being in the top half alongside this Iraqi guy will be a great draw. :KOR KIM is the huge huge favorite. I think he will qualify 99% I see only :KGZ Makhmudov capable of beating him (as he did in Jakarta 2018) IND, CHN and JPN are the best guys in order. the other 5 are very weak but they may have a chance ONLY if 3 of them fall in the top half alongside our Iraqi friend.

87kg, seeds: 1) :IND SUNIL, 2) :KAZKUSTUBAYEV

10 NOCs in the list, KAZ has 2 names but if they enter Kustubayev he will be seed 2. I believe these 2 guys are #2 and #3 in the list. but the best guy is former world bronze medalist and multiple times Asian Champion :IRI Nouri. he is the one nobody wants to meet before the final. but to be honest I will feel better if gets luck and be in the top half. not because Kustubayev is good. but because of the refs. :d I consider China as #4  and maybe Japan as #5. I can't see anybody else qualifies.

97kg, seeds: 1) :IRI SARAVI, 2) :KOR LEE

finally we have a seeded wrestler :d . with 10 wrestlers in the list. Saravi has to win 2 matches to qualify from the top half. he is the best in this list. but the most dangerous wrestler is from :KGZ who just beat Aleksanyan a month ago in Ukraine tournament. Kazakhstan (with refs) are always dangerous too. after them it's probably UZB, JPN or IND. but I think at the end 2 of IRN, KAZ or KGZ will quaify.

130kg, seeds: 1) :UZB ABDULLAEV, 2) :KOR KIM

only 8 wrestlers here, if one withdraws we will have two groups in round robin completion , the most interesting name is Tsurtsumia 40 years old 2004 Olympic silver medalists! :yikes: not sure if he really wrestles because KAZ has other names in the list as well. I believe except the IRQ guy, the rest 7 has a chance to qualify. UZB probably has a better chance, and then CHN, KGZ and of course KAZ+refs.

looking at the women's entries for the Asian OQT, removing countries with 2-3 wrestlers we will have this number

50kg: 5 - round robin

53kg: 6 - 2 groups of 3

57kg: 6 - 2 groups of 3

62kg: 7 - 2 groups of 3 and 4

68kg: 6 - 2 groups of 3

76kg: 5 - round robin

that means there will be no direct knockout competition in the women's qualifier in Asia. nobody can expect a lucky draw to qualify by pure luck.

Womens events prediction 

50kg : Jpn, Ind 

Outside chance for Mongolia 

53kg : Kaz, Mgl 

57kg : Kaz,  Ind 

Good chance for Mgl 

62kg : China ,Ind

With referees help Kazakhstan 

Good chance for Mgl too. 

68kg : Kgz, China

Outside chance for India ,Kaz

76kg : Kgz, Mgl

Outside chance for India 

19 hours ago, MHSN said:

and Greco

60kg, seeds: 1) :CHN WALIHAN, 2) :KGZ SHARSHENBEKOV

10 in the list, I believe the best 2 guys are rightfully seeded. 3 Asian wrestlers are already qualified which makes the weight a bit weak. I believe KOR and IND are the only wrestlers who can cause problems for these 2 specially KOR. absolutely no chance for the rest .Sharshenbekov is a favorite for an Olympic medal, nobody wants to face him before the final.

67kg, seeds: 1) :KOR RYU, :IND ASHU

14 NOCs in the list, Ryu is a former world champion so I assume everybody wants to be in the bottom half! KAZ has 3 guys in the list, two of them are former world medalists, I believe whoever Kazakhstan sends will be #2 behind KOR. specially because when you wrestle Kazakhstan in Kazakhstan who you have to beat the refs too. they blatantly cheat with no shame. I want to think our Geraei is #3 and hopefully avoid both of them before the final (wishful thinking lol) Tian CHN and Vardanyan UZB are probably the next best guys + KGZ and maybe even JPN. no chance for the rest.

77kg, seeds: 1) :IRQ AL BIDHAN

only 1 wrestler from the seeded list is in the entry list and I'm sure everybody wants to meet him lol with 10 wrestlers in the list being in the top half alongside this Iraqi guy will be a great draw. :KOR KIM is the huge huge favorite. I think he will qualify 99% I see only :KGZ Makhmudov capable of beating him (as he did in Jakarta 2018) IND, CHN and JPN are the best guys in order. the other 5 are very weak but they may have a chance ONLY if 3 of them fall in the top half alongside our Iraqi friend.

87kg, seeds: 1) :IND SUNIL, 2) :KAZKUSTUBAYEV

10 NOCs in the list, KAZ has 2 names but if they enter Kustubayev he will be seed 2. I believe these 2 guys are #2 and #3 in the list. but the best guy is former world bronze medalist and multiple times Asian Champion :IRI Nouri. he is the one nobody wants to meet before the final. but to be honest I will feel better if gets luck and be in the top half. not because Kustubayev is good. but because of the refs. :d I consider China as #4  and maybe Japan as #5. I can't see anybody else qualifies.

97kg, seeds: 1) :IRI SARAVI, 2) :KOR LEE

finally we have a seeded wrestler :d . with 10 wrestlers in the list. Saravi has to win 2 matches to qualify from the top half. he is the best in this list. but the most dangerous wrestler is from :KGZ who just beat Aleksanyan a month ago in Ukraine tournament. Kazakhstan (with refs) are always dangerous too. after them it's probably UZB, JPN or IND. but I think at the end 2 of IRN, KAZ or KGZ will quaify.

130kg, seeds: 1) :UZB ABDULLAEV, 2) :KOR KIM

only 8 wrestlers here, if one withdraws we will have two groups in round robin completion , the most interesting name is Tsurtsumia 40 years old 2004 Olympic silver medalists! :yikes: not sure if he really wrestles because KAZ has other names in the list as well. I believe except the IRQ guy, the rest 7 has a chance to qualify. UZB probably has a better chance, and then CHN, KGZ and of course KAZ+refs.

Do you reckon any of the Indians having a chance to qualify in Greco Roman ?