website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2021

Totallympics

Los Angeles Rams beat San Francisco 49ers 20-17 in NFC Championship Game. This was probably Jimmy Garoppolo's last game in SF, he blew two chances for a game-winning FG drive and Matthew Stafford in his first season away from Detroit Lions does make SB with a much better roster.

3 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Really hate how the super bowl is scheduled at the same time as the olympics this year. I don't think I'll have enough screens to watch everything.

The Super Bowl would have originally been a week earlier except the NFL chose this year to extend the regular season.  So the Olympics and Super Bowl would have clashed anyway.  I'll have 3 screens (plus my computer) going, 1 less than the Summer Olympics.  So I should be covered.  Big event that night is figure skating, plus the 4th run of the women's monobob will hit right around when the game is ending.  

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

NBC actually wanted to broadcast this Super Bowl during the Olympics which they also cover in US? They swapped places with CBS because the NBC turn to show the Super Bowl was last year.

Correct.  Both networks saw it as a win.  CBS got the windfall from the Super Bowl a year earlier than they were supposed to, plus it helped the advertising market for the NCAA Tournament and the Final Four (which was on CBS last year, but not this year).  And they wouldn't have to compete against NBC's Olympics coverage.  And because the date of the game only got changed in the last year, NBC got the ISU folks to change the figure skating schedule so they'd get the free dance the night of the Super Bowl

9 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Really hate how the super bowl is scheduled at the same time as the olympics this year. I don't think I'll have enough screens to watch everything.

naaa, not going to miss that much...

in conflict with SB, there are only a women's curling round, heat #3 of the women's monobob, the early stages of the free dance and of the women's snowboard big air qualification and the only final we're going to miss live is the women's freestyle slopestyle (with FRA, CHN and EST most likely safe on the podium, probably one of the less exciting events of the whole Games)...

so, watching the SB is a no brainer, even in the middle of the Olympics...;)

• 2 weeks later...