website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2021

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Last week of the regular season. Broncos lost to Chiefs yesterday and HC Vic Fangio has been fired today after three losing seasons.

Vikings' Mike Zimmer & Bears' Matt Nagy will probably be booted tomorrow (funnily enough those teams play each other tonight) but some highly underperforming coaches like Matt Rhule and Joe Judge will probably survive.

I'm a Jets fan, so it's sad to see the Giants devolving into as much of a mess as the Jets are.  I understand why they might give Judge another shot, but how can they possibly have faith he's the guy to bring them success.

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

I'm a Jets fan, so it's sad to see the Giants devolving into as much of a mess as the Jets are.  I understand why they might give Judge another shot, but how can they possibly have faith he's the guy to bring them success.

Joe Judge running a QB sneak on a 3&9. This is clown show on wheels.

Meanwhile TJ Watt has tied Michael Strahan's season sack record and still has 30 minutes to set a new one! Not a good day for Giants!

My team Las Vegas Raiders beat Los Angeles Chargers 35-32 after overtime and make the playoffs!!! :cheer:  They play Cincinnati Bengals next!

Some drama in the early games as Indianapolis Colts lost to the 2-14 Jacksonville Jaguars and let Pittsburgh Steelers in as the #7 seed.

More drama in te NFC where LA Rams blew a 17-0 lead vs San Francisco 49ers and therefore Niners make the playoffs as the expense of New Orleans Saints.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Black Monday has hit the league as usual, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer out (no surprise), Bears HC Matt Nagy & GM Ryan Pace gone (no surprise), Dolphins HC Brian Flores gone (mild surprise).

More than a mild surprise on Flores.  Reports already killed the notion they did this to try and get Harbaugh.  Strange move that a rift with upper management means they'd fire a coach that won 8 of his last 9 games and had the Dolphins barely missing the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

More than a mild surprise on Flores.  Reports already killed the notion they did this to try and get Harbaugh.  Strange move that a rift with upper management means they'd fire a coach that won 8 of his last 9 games and had the Dolphins barely missing the playoffs.

The only reasonable explanation is that Flores didn't want Tua and maybe was lobbying for DeShaun Watson trade? Hence the power struggle. Coming from NE he knows best how elite QB can raise a B-level offense if needed. Tua cannot do that no matter that Davante Parker and Will Fuller contributed very little if nothing. Dolphins can't run the ball and have zero weapons on offense other than Waddle & Gesicki. Watson would be a quick fix if not for the sexual harrasement mess. Might wanna ask Dolphins fans what they wanted, Flores + Watson or new HC + Tua?

not exactly the NFL, but still about player who will play there in a short while...

last night, Georgia beat Alabama in the Championship game of College Football...:cheer:

Nick Saban's hunt for the 8th title crashed against the defensive wall of the Dogs first, then, after a terrible call by the officials that could have destroyed Georgia's dream at the beginning of the 4th period, the Dogs started the fireworks on offense and scored 3 TDs (one on a pick six) in 7 minutes to seal the deal and take a sweet revenge after the 2018 National final and the SEC championship game earlier this season...

Yeah, I watched that game. A walk-on QB beats a Heisman Trophy winner. Even Georgia fans were critical of this Bennett guy and he committed less mistakes than the 5-star recruit. Any loss for Nick Saban-led team is good. Tired of this guy and the Alabama college "dynasty".

Back in the NFL, NY Giants HC Joe Judge has been fired (well deserved) but this franchise has a long way to go (since QB Daniel Jones is not the guy either).