website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Trips & Holidays Thread

bestmen

Just now, bestmen said:

yes but as tourist of course he doesn't know how to take the train/timing  , the taxi is easy maybe the only way

He's a tourist, doesn't mean he can't figure out how trains work :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 21/07/2018 at 20:38, konig said:

We will be in Europe in thie Tuesday, thanks for everyone who gives us advices :)

another advice , when you buy something you will get tons of insignificant coins of 1 2 cent..etc  :lol:

this is what i got  during  my last visit there only the 1 euro is useful  , the biggest one below is a coin of here

Spoiler

it's not everything I throwed much in the street :lol:

180723080553602971.jpg

20 minutes ago, bestmen said:

another advice , when you buy something you will get tons of insignificant coins of 1 2 cent..etc  :lol:

this is what i got  during  my last visit there only the 1 euro is useful  , the biggest one below is a coin of here

Reveal hidden contents

it's not everything I throwed much in the street :lol:

It really depends on the country. For example here in the Netherlands only a handful of shops still give out 1-2 cents, most of them don't and you don't often get them anymore. 

And @konig: Ignore the 'only the 1 euro is useful' part please :lol: It's not true, 2 euro is just as useful, and so is 50 cent (the coin, the singer is in fact useless)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

In Ireland, the "smallest" coin in circulation is 5c. Thankfully we got rid of 1c and 2c coins as they were indeed a pain in the neck :d

I'm not even sure about their status here :d 

I think shops still have to accept them, but usually prices are rounded up or down towards 5c so you don't really need it. I know there is one sort of annoying cheap ass shop here that still gives them, but that's about it :p

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Lowest currency here is 5lp (which is less than 1c :p). There used to be 1lp and 2lp, but not anymore. :d

What on earth is a lp? :d

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Lipa. :p

Kuna is our euro, while lipa is our cent. In Engilsh, kuna means marten (animal), lipa means linden (tree).

Kuna sounds way cooler :wub: