website statistics

Figure Skating ISU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Well done Donovan :thumbup:

While not a flawless skate, he never fell and maintained control and energy all trough his program and earned a new PB in both FP and total score

Now he can’t finish lower than 20th at worlds, quite proving he deserves a place in Bejing, when I hope he can finally break that 210.00 in total score.

29 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yes, but I cut the braids of couple weeks ago :-) 

Nooooooooooo!?

You obviously have gigantic balls to wear a mullet. Please teach me how to reach that level of not giving a fuck!

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Assuming our interpretation of the qualification system is correct...

Here are the countries currently eligible for the team event (after 3 events): :CAN:CHN:CZE:JPN:RUS:USA

:ITA:GER look to be in line to gain eligibility through the ice dance

There might only be 8 countries eligible for the team event after the world championships. Those quotas available at the Nebelhorn will be very important for the likes of :FRA:KOR:ISR:GEO

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Nooooooooooo!?

You obviously have gigantic balls to wear a mullet. Please teach me how to reach that level of not giving a fuck!

Worry not, I am growing more to have Rasta dreadlocks :-D ..... How not to give a fuck regarding your haircut? I thought in Europe it's common. I am a Czech fella living in China. You learn here how not to give a fuck about anything :-D :-D :-D 

• From my calculations, the Men's Nebelhorn Trophy will be a mess, as :USA:RUS:CAN:FRA:KOR all have the right to enter a skater there. But, since two skaters qualified for the free skate but only earned one quota, there will be 7 spots available at Nebelhorn instead of 6. So it'll basically be the entire world's second-tier skaters fighting for two quota spots :wacko: 
  • Same with pairs as :CHN will definitely claim one of the 3 quotas, but I'm not sure if :JPN (also eligible) has another pair.
  • The women's will be much better though as while the :USA is a sure quota :AUT and :BEL don't have anyone else who would reach the WCH free skate regularly, so that'll be the world fighting for 5 spots. 

6 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:
  • From my calculations, the Men's Nebelhorn Trophy will be a mess, as :USA:RUS:CAN:FRA:KOR all have the right to enter a skater there. But, since two :CHN skaters qualified for the free skate but only earned one quota, there will be 7 spots available at Nebelhorn instead of 6. So it'll basically be the entire world's second-tier skaters fighting for two quota spots :wacko: 
  • Same with pairs as :CHN will definitely claim one of the 3 quotas, but I'm not sure if :JPN (also eligible) has another pair.
  • The women's will be much better though as while the :USA is a sure quota :AUT and :BEL don't have anyone else who would reach the WCH free skate regularly, so that'll be the world fighting for 5 spots. 

Yeah, the men’s single is going to be a bloodbath at the Nebelhorn. 

Luckily, :FRA:KOR:GEO:ISR already have skiers qualified from the world championships. Germany is the only team nation missing a skater in the men’s event, and it’s well within the realm of possibility that they’ll be able to get that quota at the Nebelhorn. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, the men’s single is going to be a bloodbath at the Nebelhorn. 

Luckily, :FRA:KOR:GEO:ISR already have skiers qualified from the world championships. Germany is the only team nation missing a skater in the men’s event, and it’s well within the realm of possibility that they’ll be able to get that quota at the Nebelhorn. 

True, and they could get an additional team quota if they don't make it there. Does :KOR have any pair skaters though? There weren't any at this year's Korean Nationals.

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There’s a massive amount of confusion amongst journalists. I’ve been talking to a few of them Twitter, and there’s no consensus as to what the correct interpretation is. Here’s what one American journalist posted a few hours ago.