USA.gif United States
JPN.gif Japan
CHN.gif China
CAN.gif Canada
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

9 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

3. Twenty-four (24) entries for Ladies and Men, sixteen (16) entries for Pairs and nineteen (19) entries for Ice Dance will be determined according to the classification outlined in paragraph 2 above. ISU Members who have earned the necessary points according to Rule 378, paragraph 2b) and c) will have the right for two (2) or three (3) entries if, in addition, they had two (2), respectively three (3) Skaters/Pairs/Couples qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance in the World Senior Championships immediately preceding the OWG. The remaining entries under this paragraph 3 will be attributed to the ISU Members with the best placed and qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance Skaters at the World Senior Championships immediately preceding the OWG.

4. The remaining open entries available will be filled by ISU Members in order of their placements at a Senior International Competition designated by the ISU and conducted in the autumn of the calendar year immediately preceding the Olympic Winter Games. The open entries are available only to: a) ISU Members which have not previously earned an entry, for only one entry per such ISU Member. b) ISU Members which have earned the necessary points for two (2) or three (3) entries but did not have two (2) respectively three (3) Skaters qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance at the World Senior Championships immediately preceding the OWG. Such ISU Members are entitled to enter one Skater in the qualifying event who, however, cannot be a Skater that had qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance at the World Senior 30 Championships immediately preceding the OWG.

I don't know about you all but this seems to obviously say to me that 24/16/19 entries will be given out at the World Championships and are not 'reserved' for the Nebelhorn trophy.

If not then both :CZE Brezinova and our pairs team miss out...

I heard stories from all kinds of ways. The quali system would be the way the finish top 2 and having 2 people who rank together equals 13 or less would have normally entered 3 quotas for the Olympics. As it was before. So regarding the old rules, they would not need 3 skaters in the free skates and they would have earned 3 quotas anyways. E.g. :USA Nathan Chen and Jason Brown got only two spots cause Vincent Zhou did not make the cut to the free skate. As I heard, ISU wanted to make the rules more fair for the small countries during the 2021 WCH. So you can even see skaters finishing last after free skate and making the Beijing 2022 cut. As it seems. While watching :CZE TV, I also listened to Tomáš Verner who spoke a lot about it. He did not seem to me very confused. He said exactly the stuff about giving chance to small countries from WCH and if the big countries need 3rd or 2nd spot for the Games, they need to fight again at the Nebelhorns Trophy. For me, more fair than before. ..... The question is, will the quota for Nebelhorn Trophy increase or will it remain the same as announced at the beignning of the quali system? .... We will see.... Anyways, ISU said that the official quota will be announced by the April 11 latest. So let's wait and see. My opinion, I stick with the rules and they are being claimed as the most possible right now after the "crazy changes"... meaning that Bidař/Zhuk and Březinová all made the cut.....

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Their website also leaves quite a bit to desire. I couldn’t any useful information regarding their selection polices on there.

https://nocnsf.nl/olympische-spelen/beijing-2022/kwalificatie-eisen

For every sport you'll find one link to a document with the international criteria and then directly below it a link to the criteria of the Dutch NOC (all in Dutch though). Section A2 of the documents include the national criteria. For some sports like biathlon and cross-country skiing, the national criteria just state that there is no athlete who has any chance of making the Olympics and therefore no further criteria were determined. 

As everything is in Dutch, let me know if you need any help with translations.

Wow, Van Zundert has actually been picked for Beijing :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!